Question Idk how to call this but this is what my monitor does when I change resolutions

Que159

Commendable
Nov 23, 2020
When I change resolution it does this thing like flickering somehow I guess? or u know the gray colored with lines in it or like the ones in TV where the signal is lost. I am assuming this is because I am using a vga to dvi converter since I am using an apu (ryzen 3200g) and my monitor only has vga. So i need to use a converter/adapter to connect it to my pc. I am planning on buying a cable that is vga to dvi directly. Any other solutions? It goes back to normal after like 5 times.

My adapter is somewhat like this

View: https://youtu.be/vvYyOygsJLg

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
We're going to need a little more information. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

As for your monitor issue, try using DDU, uninstall your GPU drivers then reinstall GPU driver with the latest, manually, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. As for your motherboard, might want to see what your BIOS version is at the time of writing.

If you're having a tough time explaining it, might want to include a video or a gif after hosting it on YT or Imgur.

Que159

Commendable
Nov 23, 2020
We're going to need a little more information. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

As for your monitor issue, try using DDU, uninstall your GPU drivers then reinstall GPU driver with the latest, manually, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. As for your motherboard, might want to see what your BIOS version is at the time of writing.

If you're having a tough time explaining it, might want to include a video or a gif after hosting it on YT or Imgur.

Ryzen 3 3200g, 8gigs memory on windows 10, monitor is an acer P166HQL, that's basically it.

View: https://youtu.be/vvYyOygsJLg