IE pb...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newbie237

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2003
My internet explorer is acting up...up until rencently (a week ago ?) everything was working properly but now, when I open IE I can surf the web for a few minutes but when I open some web pages (I can always reproduce this by opening the "World Soccer" page at Yahoo! Sports) then IE gets [-peep-] up somehow and I cannot surf the web anymore after that (get the error IE web pacge saying the site can't be found).
The strange thing is that when this happens, my internet connection is still up and running (can play network games or download stuff)..I just can't surf the web. I have to reboot to be able to re-use IE.

Any ideas as to what is the problem ??

---------------------
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe
P4 3.0GHz HT
1Gb Corsair XMS PC3200LLPT
ATI A-i-W Radeon 9800 Pro
WD 200Gb SATA
Lite-on IDE Combo Drive & DVD RW 812S
Win XP Pro SP1

gothitbycar

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2002
Try using a program like ad-aware 6 or spybot search and destroy (both free.)

After that download a real web browser like Opera or Mozilla Firefox. Hell, the U.S. government advices not to use IE.

-----------------------
[mind went blank]

"After that download a real web browser like Opera or Mozilla Firefox. Hell, the U.S. government advices not to use IE"

Worst. Advice. Ever

It's the U.S Government, lol, THEY LIE TO YOU (Iraq War anyone?)

My dick is so big, that my dick has a dick. And my dicks' dick is bigger than yours.

gothitbycar

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2002
So your saying IE is good?

They didn't lie about the war. We went to war alright. They used manipulation and exhageration on unreliable sources. Bush and his big business cronies lied, not the U.S. gov. As far as I'm concerned, Bush is America's only enemy (along with China.) He's not hiding behind big business, he is big business.

-----------------------
<font color=red> 11 - #9 Kasey Kahne 1984 pts. </font color=red>

Yeah, I'm saying Internet Explorer is good. Download the updates and stop complaining, it's the easiest and most widely used Browser.

My dick is so big, that my dick has a dick. And my dicks' dick is bigger than yours.

gothitbycar

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2002
Obviouslly your opinion wont change until you try a different browser.

-----------------------
<font color=red> 11 - #9 Kasey Kahne 1984 pts. </font color=red>

goloap

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2001
I tried Firefox for 5 minutes at a friends house once. From that day, I cannot browse the web without tab browsing.

I don't know how you can say IE is better than Firefox. For me it's a non-sense

In ancient times they had no statistics so they had to fall back on lies

I guess it's a matter of personal taste.

Let's just leave it at that.

<font color=blue>My dick is so big, that my dick has a dick. And my dicks' dick is bigger than yours.</font color=blue>

Won't SP2 introduce tabbed browsing for IE? Along with integrated pop-up blocking?

If so, that makes your points for FireFox moot.

(Don't get me wrong, I use FireFox at work and I like it, but haven't bothered with it at home).

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>

Status
Not open for further replies.