[SOLVED] If I Convert my hdmi cable to display port, will it give my 144hz?

Aug 30, 2020
My 3080 has a 2.0 hdmi, which I know support 144hz. problem is one my monitors doesnt have an hdmi 2.0 but have a display port (which support 144hz). With the hdmi connected to my gpu (2.0), will I be able to convert the other end to display port so that I can plug it into my monitor? will that work to make it run in 144hz?

Solution
No, it requires an active HDMI to DisplayPort adapter. Those adapters all appear to need to be connected at the source. Then you run a DP cable. They also may not be totally reliable

It makes more sense to just run a DP cable. Since your card already has DP and you'd have to run the cable anyways. Plus it's cheaper and more reliable.
No, it requires an active HDMI to DisplayPort adapter. Those adapters all appear to need to be connected at the source. Then you run a DP cable. They also may not be totally reliable

It makes more sense to just run a DP cable. Since your card already has DP and you'd have to run the cable anyways. Plus it's cheaper and more reliable.

Solution
Aug 30, 2020

My card has 3 display ports and 1 hdmi port. im using all my ports. but the 4th monitor has only an hdmi port left for it and it would just not run at 144hz if placed in a hdmi port.