[SOLVED] if i had to choose between these two cards...

mynameislol

Reputable
Oct 7, 2015
Hello there

i need your hep, my ancient gt 1030 died this morning (RIP you magnificent piece of <Mod Edit>) and i am looking to replace it, pay day is drawing near and i am extremely on tight budget.
i live in a <Mod Edit> third world country so actual high end cards cost over here x3 as much as it does for you, i looked up some stores near by and with the budget i have right now i could afford one of these two cards, a GTX 1050TI and an RX480 4gb, here's the tricky part tho, if i do decide to go with AMD here, i am gonna need a new PSU cause mine just doesn't have the power to run (no 6 pin connector too) so that's an additional $40 out of the window, and like i said i am on a tight budget over here

this is my system:
CPU: core i5 3470S
RAM: 8gb ram
motherboard: ASUS H61M-K

i am not looking to ultra everything, i just want a nice 1080p experience

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Hello there

i need your hep, my ancient gt 1030 died this morning (RIP you magnificent piece of <Mod Edit>) and i am looking to replace it, pay day is drawing near and i am extremely on tight budget.
i live in a <Mod Edit> third world country so actual high end cards cost over here x3 as much as it does for you, i looked up some stores near by and with the budget i have right now i could afford one of these two cards, a GTX 1050TI and an RX480 4gb, here's the tricky part tho, if i do decide to go with AMD here, i am gonna need a new PSU cause mine just doesn't have the power to run (no 6 pin connector too) so that's an additional $40 out of the window, and like i said i am on a tight budget over here

this is my system...

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Hello there

this is my system:
CPU: core i5 3470S
RAM: 8gb ram
motherboard: ASUS H61M-K

i am not looking to ultra everything, i just want a nice 1080p experience

Hi LOL
Short answer RX 480.
Long answer: AarrEexxFourEighty

As for a PSU, I know you said you are on a budget, but may as well get the absolute best you can now and not something just OK, as games are just gonna get more demanding. A good PSU is also important for the rest of your system and not just the GPU, so even tho it's a bit more, it's still worth it. Unless you can only afford the 1050Ti in which case you wouldn't have asked and just bought it lol.. :)

We have a few PSU guru's here that'll be along shortly to give you the best unit for your price range. Whats your max realistic budget? As in how much you'll be able to spend come payday without eating dirt for a week until you get paid again?

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution

mynameislol

Reputable
Oct 7, 2015
Hi LOL
Short answer RX 480.
Long answer: AarrEexxFourEighty

As for a PSU, I know you said you are on a budget, but may as well get the absolute best you can now and not something just OK, as games are just gonna get more demanding. A good PSU is also important for the rest of your system and not just the GPU, so even tho it's a bit more, it's still worth it. Unless you can only afford the 1050Ti in which case you wouldn't have asked and just bought it lol.. :)

We have a few PSU guru's here that'll be along shortly to give you the best unit for your price range. Whats your max realistic budget? As in how much you'll be able to spend come payday without eating dirt for a week until you get paid again?
i can give $200, that will leave me in the clear for the rest of the month

also, quick question, my CPU won't bottleneck the rx480 right?

TRENDING THREADS