[SOLVED] If I remove the CMOS BATTERY will it downgrade the BIOS VERSION of GIGABYTE A320M?

OMGiTxREALHASSAN

Reputable
Jun 28, 2019
I don't know why but my PC is not posting anything I've tried several GPUs everytime I used some other GPU I get the display but only for 5 mins or so. Then I thought maybe if I remove the CMOS BATTERY and TRY RESETTING THE BIOS my PC will give the display but after removing and reinstalling the CMOS BATTERY when I powered up my pc the CPU FANS STARTED TO SPIN VERY FAST if compared to earlier boots and then I thought maybe its because my BIOS VERSION got DOWNGRADED.

MY MOBO is A320M & CPU is RYZEN 5 3600.

Solution
No. The BIOS is written to a non-volatile chip, and only one BIOS version can fit on the chip at any given time. Removing the CMOS battery will only reset BIOS settings to default, not actually downgrade the BIOS version to a different version.
No. The BIOS is written to a non-volatile chip, and only one BIOS version can fit on the chip at any given time. Removing the CMOS battery will only reset BIOS settings to default, not actually downgrade the BIOS version to a different version.

Solution

OMGiTxREALHASSAN

Reputable
Jun 28, 2019
What GPUs have you tried?
What power supply do you have?
All of them show a display for 5 minutes only?
Have you monitored GPU temps and/or tested with the case side panel removed?
I've tried GTX 1060 , GTX 960 and I even bought a QUADRO FX3000 256MB just for testing (because it doesn't need any 6-8 pin connectors) and still no luck.

I got display for about a day or so with the GTX 1060 & 960. Could it be because of my bad HDMI CABLE? It couldn't be the issue of my MONITOR because I've already tried my friend's spare MONITOR but with my cable and I think that my cable is faulty.

OMGiTxREALHASSAN

Reputable
Jun 28, 2019
HDMI cables only cost a few $. Might as well try a different one. Most homes have a spare they can yoink out of the entertainment center for testing.

What is the make, model, and wattage of your PSU?
I tried different cable but no luck. I have CORSAIR VS450 and I just noticed that my CASES doesn't have built in speakers and I noticed the front LED on the CASE and it seems like it is indicating 3 LONG & 2 SHORT BEEPS. Do you think I should make another separate thread for this problem?

Last edited: