Question If i sign in to a friends xbox/microsoft account can she see my passwords?

Mar 4, 2023
a friend of mine have a gamepass on her microsoft account so she gave me her login so i can play some games on my pc, i logged in to her account on microsoft store and my windows account changed to hers, also my browser (Edge) started syncing passwords and bookmarks somehow without me touching anything.... it all happened automatically, can she now see all my passwords and bookmarks? i already logged off her account and turned the sync settings off but can it somehow saved on her account?

Solution
if you had a local offline account when signing into her Xbox/Microsoft account, chances are you accidentally clicked through the option that asks if you want to sign into ALL things on the computer using that account rather than just isolating to the Xbox app and maybe MS Store only.
In the event you did this, (which it sounds like you did) that account got signed into and linked to ALL Microsoft related things on the computer, from the user account, to the MS Store, to Edge.
(also, if her account was set to sync, then after signing into it on the MS Store, that probably is what started it all. You should've just logged in from inside the Xbox App not the store.)
---------------------------------------
In regards to your browser...
Mar 4, 2023
sync settings was toggled off on windows and in edge before logging to her account, after i logged in to her account (with microsoft store on windows), it automatically turned the sync settings on both in windows and in edge

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
if you had a local offline account when signing into her Xbox/Microsoft account, chances are you accidentally clicked through the option that asks if you want to sign into ALL things on the computer using that account rather than just isolating to the Xbox app and maybe MS Store only.
In the event you did this, (which it sounds like you did) that account got signed into and linked to ALL Microsoft related things on the computer, from the user account, to the MS Store, to Edge.
(also, if her account was set to sync, then after signing into it on the MS Store, that probably is what started it all. You should've just logged in from inside the Xbox App not the store.)
---------------------------------------
In regards to your browser history and settings, if you had any login info for certain websites saved, it might have gotten synced with her account.
If this happened, you can simply open the browser, go to it's saved logins/password section, and search out all your login stuff and delete the saved info after that delete any bookmarks that are yours, then sync the browser data, then log out of her account on the browser, after which you can also go and log out of her account on everything else in the computer (not sure if you can unlink a Microsoft account from a user account after it's been linked, but I'm sure you can Google how, as there might be a way)
----------------------
After you've scrubbed your data from her account on the browser, and scrubbed her account from other things in the system, I highly recommend you do as someone mentioned and instead, create a new user on the computer, then log into the account with that second user so that it's isolated from your main user account on the PC. This means that you have to switch user accounts to be able to play games, but that shouldn't be too much trouble imo.

Solution

PEnns

Reputable
Apr 25, 2020
Almost all browsers are set to sync by default. So the answer is 99% yes.

I hope she's a very close friends, because now she has your most intimate bookmarks and browing history too.....;)

PS: A lot depends on what is allowed to sync. It's customizable.