Question If im on super low budget why can't i just get the cheapest motherboard ?

veeljko23

Reputable
May 24, 2020
I want to get mbo,cpu and ram for 250e and all of the stuff i got recommended had a mbo with a price of 100e+ why do i need a "decent" motherboard?

logainofhades

Titan
I want to get mbo,cpu and ram for 250e and all of the stuff i got recommended had a mbo with a price of 100e+ why do i need a "decent" motherboard?

Because cheap boards have terrible voltage regulation, that tends to overheat, forcing lower clock speeds, and less performance. Like the saying goes, you get what you pay for. Buy quality, pay once. Buy junk, prepare to spend more later.

veeljko23

Reputable
May 24, 2020
What mobo were you recommended and do you want new or used parts ?
What are you going to using your computer for ?
i want to get i5 10400f and i dont know which motherboard to get, because cpu + ram + mbo dont fit my budget im not sure which one to cut so im asking this, or i can get 1x8gb of ram and than just get another stick in the future.

veeljko23

Reputable
May 24, 2020
And i also asked this question because i want to get to know which motherboard is good by myself and how do i know if it wont cook itself because of the vrm temps which cause clocks to go down. What should i be looking for because still im not even sure if i will take intel platform...

veeljko23

Reputable
May 24, 2020
Let us know your budget and intended use of PC.
I wanted to upgrade, these are the current specs

CPU: i7 870 2.93ghz (boost to 3.6 unavailable due to bad cooler)
GPU: GTX 560 MSI
MBO: ASUS P7H55 M-PRO
RAM: 4x2 Kingston RAM DDR 3 1333mhz
PSU: LC POWER 6550 v2.2 (i got it used, didnt give me any trouble for almost a year)
SSD: Patriot Burst Elite 120GB
HDD: Seagate 250GB
1080p 75hz monitor, i plan on upgrading to 144hz in the future
And some old micro atx case with no fans inside.

Im playing only esport titles like csgo, valorant, fortnite, pubg nothing else demanding really. Budget is max 250e and i either have the option to get cpu+mbo+ram or only a gpu and personally i would rather go for the other parts and than get the gpu later since right now im not playing any gpu demanding games.

KyaraM

Admirable
It would be quite helpful knowing what country you are from. The Euro Zone is big and not all stores drliver to every country.

Edit: to answer the question in the title, because weak boards have bad connectivity (drive speed/maximum number), and sometimes VRM so bad they overheat and cost you performance, or even short out and damage your machine.

Last edited: