If you only buy ONE new flight-sim this year...

....you could probably do worse than getting ED's Flaming Cliffs.

BUT, if you intend to buy TWO, be sure to have a look at Condor
http://www.condorsoaring.com

Condor's cons:

- No torpedo bombers
- Nothing to shoot at
- No dynamic campaign (but keep on reading!)

Condor's pros:

- No uber-evil AI from hell that kills you everytime
- No uber-stupid AI wingmen that crash into mountains
(no AI at all, actually)
- No complex systems or engine management
(no engine either, actually)
- Realistic glider flight model
- Realistic thermals, ridge lift/updraft, clouds
- Excellent multiplayer (think GPL or N2K3 for gliders)
- Addictive (ditto)
- Nicely made scenery of beautiful Slovenia
- Several glider models, including the Fox acro.
- Well-designed tutorials
- Runs on reasonable hardware
(like the one you bought 18 months ago
in anticipation of Lock On <G>)
- No-nonsense licensing system
- An online distribution system that works
- Cows
- Oh, and did I mention it is addictive yet ?

Don't get me wrong, I still like Lock On + Flaming Cliffs a lot, but
there is something really special in Condor that makes me feel sooo
good. Maybe they should distribute the CD version wrapped in a blue
round-edged triangle-shaped box. Rejuvenate you flight-sim senses !

Regards,
Mr. Sylvestre

(and there goes my chance to apply for a diesimfanboi.com account)

> ...you could probably do worse than getting ED's Flaming Cliffs.

You can? Maybe if you're Russian and pay $7 for it. Otherwise, you
get pounded in the ass free with every $30+ FC purchase. And end up
with chancres on your lips when you regain consciousness.

--scharmers