If Your Company Runs on PCs, Should Anyone Get a Mac?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
If you're going to give some employees premium MacBook devices, then be prepared to say yes when other employees request Surface Books or Yogas. Entirely way too much workplace drama is created when some employees get MacBooks and others are stuck with garbage Dell Latitude machines. The Mac OS isn't always what people are after -- sometimes the build quality and specs of Apple products sets them apart from the standard.

tomasf

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2006
As a graphic designer I must say that there is no reason why a designer can`t work with a Windows pc. I have 2 Windows machines at home and a MacBook Pro at work, I can make the same work in the same amount of time on both systems. So if the the designer can`t work on a pc, is up to him, not the system.

toadhammer

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2012
I have to laugh at this article. It's no different than allowing Linux in your network. In fact, Macs get along pretty well with linux despite what that "expert" said. There are businesses out there that are Mac only, Linux only, anything but windows, etc.

The truth is there are some IT depts that can only deal with everything all the same. Or some groups of users that everything has to all be the same. Or where one piece of software has to work exactly the same for everyone. That's a far cry from "AAAH! Fear change!" everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.