Question Igpu is giving display but dedicated gpu isn't

Dec 20, 2023
Hello,
So I recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU, I gave my previous stuff to my friend. Well now he's having trouble because his GPU isn't posting, only the igpu works. He's using a Rx 5600 xt which I've tested it in my system and It works. I tried using a different GPU Rx 580, but It doesn't give a post either. Before inserting the GPU, I removed all the drivers using ddu. Both of these cards are working in my system, but not on his. I tried swapping the boot drive, but nothing changed. I know that the board pcie slot is working since I tested It yesterday. I already tried resetting the bios, cleaned GPU drivers and igpu too, swapped monitors, changing the bios mode on GPU, swapped psu, changed the cables but nothing seems to work. I'd highly appreciate any help on this.

My specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
8gb 2666mhz ddr4
Aorus Elite b550m rev 1.3
Sapphire Nitro+ Rx 580
Thermaltake Toughpower GF 650w

Friends specs:
i3 9100
8gb 2666mhz ddr4
Gigabyte h310m d2vx si 2.0
Msi Gaming X Rx 5600 xt
Xpg Pylon 650w

It doesn't even go to the bios, all the time It's black screen and then eventually monitor goes to sleep
The pc does turn on alongside with the GPU. The pcie slot is very well working since It's working with an old amd radeon hd 6450 without any issues. He was using the same card before, but I made sure to clean Its drivers from ddu aswell. I'm leaning towards bios problem since I tested all of his components individually. I gave my motherboard and cpu to him yesterday when It was working

Last edited:
Hello,
So I recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU, I gave my previous stuff to my friend. Well now he's having trouble because his GPU isn't posting, only the igpu works. He's using a Rx 5600 xt which I've tested it in my system and It works. I tried using a different GPU Rx 580, but It doesn't give a post either. Before inserting the GPU, I removed all the drivers using ddu. Both of these cards are working in my system, but not on his. I tried swapping the boot drive, but nothing changed. I know that the board pcie slot is working since I tested It yesterday. I already tried resetting the bios, cleaned GPU drivers and igpu too, swapped monitors, changing the bios mode on GPU, swapped psu, changed the cables but nothing seems to work. I'd highly appreciate any help on this.

My specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
8gb 2666mhz ddr4
Aorus Elite b550m rev 1.3
Sapphire Nitro+ Rx 580
Thermaltake Toughpower GF 650w

Friends specs:
i3 9100
8gb 2666mhz ddr4
Gigabyte h310m d2vx si 2.0
Msi Gaming X Rx 5600 xt
Xpg Pylon 650w

It doesn't even go to the bios, all the time It's black screen and then eventually monitor goes to sleep
The pc does turn on alongside with the GPU. The pcie slot is very well working since It's working with an old amd radeon hd 6450 without any issues. He was using the same card before, but I made sure to clean Its drivers from ddu aswell. I'm leaning towards bios problem since I tested all of his components individually. I gave my motherboard and cpu to him yesterday when It was working
Is his BIOS in UEFI or CSM/Legacy mode ? Newer GPUs require UEFI mode, older ones didn't.

Dec 20, 2023
No, it' can't be UEFI when CSM is enabled, disable CSM to get UEFI.
It doesn't show any boot drive when I disable it.

update: I tried cleaning the drivers of the old hd 6450 again and this time the monitor isn't going to sleep, It just black screen but It sure is detecting signal I believe. The monitor light is on

It doesn't show any boot drive when I disable it.

update: I tried cleaning the drivers of the old hd 6450 again and this time the monitor isn't going to sleep, It just black screen but It sure is detecting signal I believe. The monitor light is on
That means Windows are installed in legacy mode, to BOOT to UEFI disk has to be in GPT , not MBR mode.

Dec 20, 2023
Update: So I fresh installed windows with gpt disk and I disabled CSM aswell, still it's not working. I tested the gpu in a older system i5 3470 and It's working without any issues, same with my gigabyte aorus elite b550m motherboard. What I'm confused about is that the old hd 6450 is working but the rx 580 and 5600 xt both aren't working. They were working without any issues 2 days ago before I gave it to my friend.

Last edited: