Mar 15, 2016
PC SPECS:
MOBO - H370-F Gaming
GPU - Zotac Mini RTX 2070
CPU - i8700k
PSU - EVGA 650 GD
RAM - 2 x 8 DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RGD
SSD - Samsung 860 EVO SATA M.2

For starters this PC have been around for 4 years now. Only recently I am having this no signal issue when I power on my PC. GPU was originally connected with Display Port to my Monitor, so I unplugged it and used my Integrated GPU in attempt to figure out what's wrong. My monitor was able to receive signal from the IGPU and I am able to use the computer (i.e. see desktop, browser, light work, see bios etc.).

I then accessed my BIOS and the only thing that was off was that the MOBO detected a NVIDIA card on my x16 PCIe lane, but I am not able to select it in my graphic cards information (should be automatically selected and showing the GPU information at the GOP/VBIOS status).
I thought this might have been a GPU issue so I took it for RMA, I saw them tested my GPU and it was working and displayed to the monitor on warranty site. This rules out GPU being the problem. I have also went into the device manager and saw my GPU detected.

I have reseated GPU, RAM etc., but if anything was not seated well, my PC would not be able to boot up at all, yet it was able to boot up (with IGPU).

Sometimes when I boot up my PC (monitor connected to display port of GPU), it runs fine but only until the log in screen of windows. Meaning that after I power my pc up, my monitor received signal, I was able to see the bios through my GPU only until when it reaches the windows login page, signals were suddenly dropped. Because now I am not able to see anything, I do a force shutdown (holding down my power button), and whilst doing so, my GPU fans rams up and gets very loud, before finally offing.

It is worrying me now that I might have forced shutdown my PC on this one so many instances where I was attempting to fix this display issue making it more likely cause an OS corruption before I am able to find out what is wrong lol, because technically, it was still able to start up, but just not through the GPU.

Sometimes when I boot up my PC (monitor connected to display port of GPU), everything just works as it should, no crashes, nothing wrong. On the times where it is not able to boot up, my MOBO will have it's white LED lit, indicating a VGA issue and is solved when I swap the output to my IGPU.

Any advice would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance :)

Last edited: