[SOLVED] I'm a noob and at a complete loss on what to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crash_3

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016
Specs:
Asus Rog Strix 470-I gaming mobo
Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580
16GB trident ram
Ryzden 7 2700X

First time building a computer from the ground up. I installed all the components in the case and installed windows 10 64bit. Everything worked perfectly launching BFV, except my speakers weren't working. Checked device manager. The only thing that shows up is the GPU sound driver. 6x hdmi sound devices not connected. Nothing on my speakers or my Turtle Beach headset. Soooooo I assumed it was the GPU taking precedence over the Mobo. I don't know... when I remove the GPU I get a blank screen. It's like time GPU became the supreme ruler. I don't know how to fix this. .

Solution
If the audio adapter is working and the Realtek drivers installed properly, then the device should work. If not, then I would suspect an issue with the on-board audio adapter itself.

Did you connect the front panel audio header(or connectors) to your motherboard? If so, remove it/them, and see if your audio adapter is recognized.

Crash_3

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016
Yes, I'm not that dumb. Audio out gets the jack, power goes to the usb. I have had many computers before. I know. I spent 8 hours yesterday going through every thread/ article. I downloaded the driver from asus for realtek. The only device in device manager is the GPU. My monitor gets sound, but my headphones and speakers do not. The ONLY device that shows up is the HDMI from the GPU. No realtek, nothing.

Crash_3

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016
Yes it's enabled. Like I said, I spent the ENTIRE DAY yesterday doing these. Uninstalled drivers, reinstalled drivers. Checked BIOs. Tried installing legacy hardware for realtek through device manager.

The only thing in playback devices is the 6 DP-I/HDMI ports.

Like I said, I'm not dumb. I went through everything. I need a expert and their wisdom. Not a tech support with the 20 steps I have already taken multiple times.

Crash_3

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016
The mobo is not registering any input through the ports unless the GPU takes precedent. I need a work around to see the mobo, not standard "reset and driver" answers

COLGeek

Cybernaut
If the audio adapter is working and the Realtek drivers installed properly, then the device should work. If not, then I would suspect an issue with the on-board audio adapter itself.

Did you connect the front panel audio header(or connectors) to your motherboard? If so, remove it/them, and see if your audio adapter is recognized.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS