Question I'm experiencing FPS drops on my laptop ?

Aug 13, 2024
heres my laptop information :
ASUS TUF Gaming A15
AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics, 3301 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3060 laptop GPU
32 GB ram
smBIOS version 3.3
( i dont understand specs that much so if u guys have more question about the specs you needed to help me just ask)

also another info the GPU temperature is around 80 to 84 just thought i should put it there

so recently i had a problem with my wifi that keeps dissapearing especially a couple of minutes when i play games its rarely happen if i never play games so only appear if i did play games.
ive done everything any solution for the internet about it that doesnt require me to open my motherboard, so i decided to take my laptop to service, after some cleaning and repasting boom its back to normal BUT theres a price.

the price is...... exactly the fps drop when i play a quite heavy game like Monster Hunter World, and RDR2. FYI i never redo settings or use a new settings for the game i do none of that, the setting is like how it used to be. BEFORE i go to clean and repasting it even though there is a connection loss problem i ran these games smoothly no drop no nothing, but all of a sudden theres a fps drops and what interesting is they drop at the same fps
RDR2 : 66fps - 15-22ish fps
MHW : 60fps - 19 is fps

ive contacted the person who clean and repasting it and thankfully hes ready to help me again this time its free of charge, so he repaste it again with a diff one when i test it at his house its doing fine, i run full graphic settings + raising my fps limit to 144(it never really reach 144 fps for MHW but i just thought its normal since it is quite heavy and only run stable 55-60 fps) no drop so far, so i tested it on RDR at home because yk rockstar gonna need you to connect to the internet and my data connection isnt the best so i decide to try it at home.
all looking good so far until it drops again, its not as frequent as before but nether the less its still apeared, the more i play the more frequent the fps drop. Ive check everything i need like looking at the gpu and cpu, but i dont see anything wrong but i do notice the 3D from Nvidia got a massive drop when the fps drop happen.

so the problem i have now is really just a random drop of fps when i play games, i dont think the problem would need like a serious change of hardware to my laptop since before cleaning and repasting its really just fine with playing games no drop no anything with the same settings, pls i really need help.
( i dont really need to play with that high of a graphic but it just concern me that the laptop that usually be able to handle heavy gaming all of a sudden its just dropping frame here and there)
(i do have a feeling it has something to do with the thermal paste used need to be something more better but idk)

im sorry i yap a lot i just thought is need to tell the full story of what happen before to help you guys solve my question and english is also not my main languange so i am sorry about that.

Last edited: