I'm genuinely worried about my temps being too low

seb_xtricks

Prominent
Oct 27, 2017
Hello, so right off the bat, I just build my new pc, got a Ryzen 2600 and a 1060 6gb, both stock speeds, I put a decent amount of money into it because I wanted it to be done properly, so I have 5 fans in the case, 3x120mm noctuas on the side for pulling, and 2 cooler masters 140mm on top (one pushing over CPU and one pulling). The CPU is kept in check by a Noctua nh-d15 se-am4, and the GPU by a Accelero Xtreme IV (with the backplate installed for VRMs). Both of them have the Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut thermal paste. Now, during idle, and even stuff like browsing or media playback, the CPU is maxing at 30 degrees celsius (in complete idle it sits at 24, even now as I am typing) , and the GPU maxes at 34 (in complete idle it sits at 31). During gaming, and I am talking heavy stuff like PUBG, Battlefield, Monster Hunter, COD, ecc, all at ultra maxed out for at least 4-5 hours straight, in 1080p, the CPU hits a max of 45, and the GPU hits a max of 49-52 degrees. Even with stress testing and benchmarks such as FurMark and Valley at 4k max settings, after 2,5 hours the GPU never goes above 60 and CPU never goes above 55, but then again, those are benchmarks and stress testings at 4k ultra that I never use nor need. Also the motherboard temps are 28 degrees Celsius in idle, maxing out at 35-40 when stress testing for a couple of hours, 35 with gaming. Testing was done using multiple monitoring software including directly from BIOS, GPUZ and HWMonitor are the last ones I used, GPU and CPU loads are correct in response to the usage (example: with Valley benchmark @4k max settings for a couple of hours the GPU load was indeed 100% ecc ; during gaming, such as Monster Hunter World the GPU load is about 80% and CPU likewise). I thought up a nice airflow system, on top going from left to right, I have 2 140mm Master Cooler ML140 PRO, one pushing air onto the Noctua and one pulling air from the empty space between the Noctua and the front of the case, moving onto the front side, going from top to bottom, I have 3 120mm fans, the top one is pushing air into the PC, the middle one is pulling out of the PC and the bottom one again pushing into the PC. The Noctua also has low noise filters on both fans so the system is quiet too. Also the temperature in my room is normal, ranging from 25 to 30 degrees, depending on my mood. So my question is, should I be worried that my temps are too good ?! I mean, these are some really good crazy temps that I don't see achieved not even in some PCs with custom water loops, and for the life of me, searching on google only shows up what are the safe temps (and they are much higher than my temps), I can't seem to find anything about temps beeing too low (or as low as mine), so yeah...how should I feel about this ?

Complete build:
MOBO : ASROCK Killer SLI
CPU: Ryzen 2600 w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4 Special Edition (with low noise filters)
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GT OC w/ ARCTIC Accelero Xtreme IV (with backplate for VRMs and 12V to PSU)
RAM : ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D40 DDR4 RGB 8GBx2 CL16-16-16
PSU : SeaSonic M12II 620w
CASE : Sharkoon TG5
HD/SSD : 2x3TB Toshiba 7200 RPM ; 1 Samsung Evo SSD 860 500gb ; 1 Crucial SSD MX500 240gb
FANS : 2x140mm Cooler Master ML140 PRO ; 3x120mm AIGO RGB

Here is a pic, sorry for the low quality but you should understand anyway how the system looks inside: https://ibb.co/byKMte

Thank you,
Sebastian

That CPU idle temp is very low. You should be proud. Usually it's around 30-35.

For GPUs 35 on idle is normal.

Average temps while gaming is usually 50-55 degrees for CPU. So again, good stuff.

GPU at 55 during gaming tho, that's top notch. Usually it's 60-70.

I honeslty think you're overthinking this. The time this is a problem is if your GPU isn't running at 100% when gaming or if CPU not using 100% load during those stress tests. If that checks out, than you're good.

For your peace of mind though, you could try usi g different monitoring softwares and checking temperatures on BIOS directly. Also check for software that can track each individual core/thread performance and temperatures. Also note that room temps play a role as well, is it cold in your room or something?

But again if everything checks out. Then you my friend has just made a top notch build.

Which brings me to my next point: Can you post your full build please? I am very curious :)
(Don't forget the fans including their models too)

seb_xtricks

Prominent
Oct 27, 2017

Thank you for the reply, I honestly don't need to overclock, I am experiencing fantastic gameplay at max settings with zero problems so I won't add unnecessary stress on my build, again, thanks.

2sidedpolygon

Prominent
Jul 1, 2018

Nice, glad things are working well. Would you mind marking me as the answer to your question, by the way?

seb_xtricks

Prominent
Oct 27, 2017

Hello, first of all thank you for the reply. I forgot to mention that yes indeed, the GPU and CPU usage are ok during the respective usage case (example: Valley @4k max 100% usage GPU ecc), I have tested everything using more softwares, the most recent ones are GPUZ and HWMonitor as it is my understanding that they are amongst the best ones. So for my build, here you go :
MOBO : ASROCK Killer SLI
CPU: Ryzen 2600 w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4 Special Edition (with low noise filters)
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GT OC w/ ARCTIC Accelero Xtreme IV (with backplate for VRMs and 12V to PSU)
RAM : ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D40 DDR4 RGB @2666MHz 8GBx2 CL16-16-16
PSU : SeaSonic M12II 620w
CASE : Sharkoon TG5
HD/SSD : 2x3TB Toshiba 7200 RPM ; 1 Samsung Evo SSD 860 500gb ; 1 Crucial SSD MX500 240gb
FANS : 2x140mm Cooler Master ML140 PRO ; 3x120mm AIGO RGB

Also I live in Italy so room temps ecc are normal, ranging from 25 to 32 degrees, depends on my mood :) .

Again, thank you for the reply.

seb_xtricks

Prominent
Oct 27, 2017

No problems, just noticed you have my same GPU and PSU :)
Merci, mon ami

seb_xtricks

Prominent
Oct 27, 2017

The 3 120mm fans are in front (2 pushing in the PC and the one in the middle pulling out of it), and on the top I have the 2 140mm, one pushing air directly onto the Noctua and one pulling from the empty space between the Noctua and the front case.

seb_xtricks

Prominent
Oct 27, 2017

I would like to wait a day or two to see other replies before deciding which one to mark, but again thank you.

Wait wait, are you telling me that you mixed everything up?

So the 2 fans at the top, 1 is taking air from outside and bringing into the PC (intake) and the second one you're blowing the air from inside the PC to outside (exhaust)?

And same for the front: 2 in, 1 out?

seb_xtricks

Prominent
Oct 27, 2017

Yes, on top, from left to right: one is pushing air on CPU, one is pulling out of PC. Front side, going from top to bottom : pushing in PC, pulling out of PC, pushing in PC.

Here is a pic https://ibb.co/byKMte
byKMte

seb_xtricks

Prominent
Oct 27, 2017

Yeah I also think this is a big reason, I actually spent a couple of days working with the airflow in the case to see which setup offered better results, this is by far the best one, taking an extra 5 degrees off the mobo and cpu over every other setup. By the way, the mobo sits at 28 degrees Celsius, how is that ? Cause I see you are a motherboard expert.
I did say I wanted to make this build a proper one, ended up with an extremely low temp and noise beast.

Your motherboard temperatures are usually affected by your other components temperature for the most part including general temps inside with the airflow and all (CPU being the one that affects it the most). So the hotter they are, the hotter the motherboard will be. Same goes for the other way around if things are running cool.

Wouldn't call myself THAT much of an expert though, just so happen to spend a lot of time on this website :p