[SOLVED] I'm having a problem with my PC but i can't figure out what the problem is ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shake95

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2015
Hello everyone,
Recently i bought new components for my PC. (RAM,CPU and a new Motherboard)
I installed the new components and the pc worked well until after a hour or two after i installed drivers, java etc, my pc froze, i cant open task manager the sound also stops (it doesnt loop, just stops) and i dont get the blue screen of death. I restarted my pc and its worked fine untill again the pc froze. Then i started doing some benchmarks and some RAM tests, i completely used my pc's potencial with a program called Memtest and i push my pc to the max (processor is used to the max(100%), and i put my RAM memory to run around 90-95%) and my pc is working fine after a few hours of it. And then i realised that the freezing is completly random.

One time when i was skyeping with a friend(was only using skype)
When i played league of legends
And one time the pc froze when i was doing the memtest(since i done the test several times)

So the freezing is somehow completley random.
While my pc is frozen after 2-5mins it restarts, then the whole screen is black and it's showing a wierd looking bios.(the whole screen is black but only at the top of my monitor there is a text of the MB saying: Gigabyte Dual Bios and thats it) after 10s of my pc showing that it restarts again but this time its shows the normal BIOS and continues to windows without any problems until the next freeze.

The reason why im posting this is because i cant figure out whats is the problem exactly and im hoping that someone has experiance with this kind of a problem, and another thing is that i bought this parts one by one from others stores so i need to get to the bottom of this so i can know which part i need to send for a fix.

I will leave my computer spec down below and i would like to say sorry because my English is not that good and i probably missspelled most of the text, but im doing my best to explain the situation to you guys/girls and i really appriciate the help in advance and i would like to say Thank you for your time regardless if you can help me or not.

Computer Spec:
MB: Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2
CPU: AMD Athlon x4 860k (4 cores, 3.7GHz to 4.0 turbo)
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 750ti boost black edition
RAM: Kingston 2x 4GB Hyperx Fury 1866MHz
PSU: LC-Power 750W
SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 120GB

(Feel free to ask me anything i will try to respond as fast as i can and feel free to say if i forgot to input some detail)
Thank you again.

Solution
I would make sure you have current drivers for all your hardware. Also check your windows folder for memory.dmp file. It may be a blue screen issue that is not appearing on the screen. Check you motherboard Bios version against Gigabyte's web site for fixes. Run a check util on your hard drive.

price_th

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
I would make sure you have current drivers for all your hardware. Also check your windows folder for memory.dmp file. It may be a blue screen issue that is not appearing on the screen. Check you motherboard Bios version against Gigabyte's web site for fixes. Run a check util on your hard drive.

Solution

Shake95

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2015
@alexoiu
Well when i installed the new components i installed a fresh windows two times because the first time i got windows update related problems, which are fixed now after the second reinstall (note that even in the first installation i also got a frozen screen but thought it was Windows itself because of failed updates).

@price_th I have all drivers updated for everything, and my bios version is F7 which is the right one for my processor (note that the Motherboard came with that veriosn). And ill check my SSD for errors and will try to find the motherboard fixes, and when im done with that ill leave a post here.

Thank you both for the help by the way.

Shake95

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2015
@price_th ok so i did not find any memory.dmp file in the Windows folder. I looked at the gigabytes site and could not find any fixes and as for my SSD i have the Samsung Magician Software that says the state of my SSD is Good and i run the Benchmark on it and it does fine, the Read/write numbers are the same as 6 months ago.

Shake95

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2015
I've found a solution to the problem, it seems that because of the combination of my Motherboard and my Processor i needed to update my BIOS to the newest version (F8c i think), even tho i had the correct Bios version for my Motherboard with the AMD Athlon x4 860k it still needed a update and the freezes are gone now.

Shake95

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2015
I've found a solution to the problem, it seems that because of the combination of my Motherboard and my Processor i needed to update my BIOS to the newest version (F8c i think), even tho i had the correct Bios version for my Motherboard with the AMD Athlon x4 860k it still needed a update and the freezes are gone now.
Update: In the end, even after that. 1 RAM slot was faulty on the Motherboard as the slot completely died. And i realized only after I booted my PC after a crash and noticed it only showed 4 GB instead of 8GB. Performed some troubleshooting and noticed one RAM slot died. Switched to ASUS and never had any issues after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.