Question I'm having issues with any game I play ?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 15, 2024
PC: LENOVO Prebuilt.

Specs:
Windows 11 V.10.0.22631
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800 8-core.
GPU: RTX 3060 LHR
RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 (came with P.C.) 2X Corsair DDR4 (put on myself).
Storage: 1 x HDD 1TB. 1 x SSD PCle 2 TB.
1 x Wi-Fi AX; Bluetooth 5.1 or above. .
I use Arctis Nova 5 headphones, I have to use a dongle to use them via Bluetooth.

I have several issues going on with my p.c. One problem is after I play an online game, my internet will cut off and kick me from my game. this happens several times while playing a 30 min session. It happens while on Wi-Fi or LAN. When I run the Windows troubleshoot, it says it can't reach the host, and Once I reset the adapter, it works for another 10 min. and then goes off. If I don't reset it, it will come back on within 2 minutes. usually. and work for another 10 min. I've tried uninstalling the drivers, getting new drivers, and resetting my IP and TCP. Nothing seems to work.

My other issues is Most games i play will start stuttering after 15-30 min of gameplay. my whole computer stutters. the stutters are consistent, and don't stop till I get off the game. my audio stutters as well or cuts off only some of the audio, like the characters will stop talking, but I can hear background noise. I run all my games on the lowest setting even though i feel it should be able to handle much more than low settings. semi-recently, if I keep playing the game, it will fully restart my computer. sometimes a blue screen appears for about half a second, and then it restarts my P.C.

I've tried updating my drivers, and it doesn't help. I took my p.c. to a computer repair store, and they said they couldn't replicate my issue but said my GPU temps were a little high, so they re-did the thermal (I ran a bunch of benches and such, and my temps were just fine.). That still didnt fix my issue. I have two monitors, one Samsung and one MSI. One is hdmi cord, and the other, I think, is a display cord. Idk what kind it is but it like locks into the port unlike a normal hdmi cord. I play the games on the display with the display cord. I usually watch a YouTube video while playing games, and it makes the videos stutter as well. I have tried not having YouTube open as well.

I installed the SSD myself. I had to use a partition, i forgot why. on one partition is the OS and the rest is games and such. I have ran several benches and nothing tells me i have an issue. Idk if i can post pictures but i have pictures of the benches. If you need more info, please ask. Please help me.

Reactions: darezanny
May 15, 2024
ok and unfortunately my p.c. crashed again. i was playing terratech worlds, I started getting stutters and turned on the geoforce overlay. my cpu was using about 30 percent it said and gpu like 60. 2000mhz for the gpu and i think like 4k for the cpu. gpu volts were 1.1 and 170 something watts i tyhink. it also showed a blue screen for half a second and then restarted itself.

Last edited:
ok and unfortunately my p.c. crashed again. i was playing terratech worlds, I started getting stutters and turned on the geoforce overlay. my cpu was using about 30 percent it said and gpu like 60. 2000mhz for the gpu and i think like 4k for the cpu. gpu volts were 1.1 and 170 something watts i tyhink. it also showed a blue screen for half a second and then restarted itself.
If steam overlay is on disable. Change to corsair kit only

Reactions: darezanny
May 15, 2024
I assume your only using 1 set of ram not mixing kits

If your mixing ram it will blue screen

You can only use the ram that came with pc
The Corsair ram at a slower speed
Or the ram I suggested.

You can't use all of them at once or mix any of said kits
im using the ram you suggested I buy, and put it in the correct slots.

May 15, 2024
That's should be fine as long as it's only that ram in slots 2 and 4 non in 1 and 3 unsure why it's blue screening I'll do some more digging post the logs and see if I can find a hint could easily be a misplaced driver
ok thank you, idk whats going on. when i turned my steam overlay off, the geoforce overly wasnt reading correctly.