im having problems installing nvidia drivers in windows 10

difrio77

Prominent
Feb 9, 2018
I I just built a computer with a rog z270 maximus hero ix motherboard and a msi armor gtx 1080 and I tried to install the latest driver and it would not let me and I could not play video games because of it. I had to do a custom install and clean install and it was finaly able to remove the old driver and install the new one but the driver was not fully installed and I did not get gforce experience downloaded. but I'm still able to play games there is a major software issue I reinstalled windows 10 3 times and this keeps happening and I don't trust playing videogames when drivers are not fully installed and I want to go back to windows 7 and cant because of mouse support I would have to program my usb which is complicated I don't know what to do

Solution
So you've installed drivers for the gpu but not geforce experience correct? Geforce experience isn't necessary to play games, its just optional software.

Display driver uninstaller is great if you wish to prevent Windows from reinstalling again after a restart. http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Install then run it in safemode, choose the option to prevent windows from reinstalling before clicking to uninstall video drivers. It's easy to read you'll figure it out pretty quick.

When you're ready to install the drivers you want, right click the driver installer and run administrator to allow driver full access without any possible prevention from Windows due to security settings if set to high...

boju

Titan
Ambassador
So you've installed drivers for the gpu but not geforce experience correct? Geforce experience isn't necessary to play games, its just optional software.

Display driver uninstaller is great if you wish to prevent Windows from reinstalling again after a restart. http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Install then run it in safemode, choose the option to prevent windows from reinstalling before clicking to uninstall video drivers. It's easy to read you'll figure it out pretty quick.

When you're ready to install the drivers you want, right click the driver installer and run administrator to allow driver full access without any possible prevention from Windows due to security settings if set to high like UAC, User Account Control.

It's also recommended to disable any realtime antivirus programs. Though i've never did this with Window's own virus programs but just to be mindful of it.

Solution