[SOLVED] I'm new to pc builds (my first time).Is this build good?

Apr 22, 2021
Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor
NZXT Kraken Z73 73.11 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
MSI MEG Z490 UNIFY ATX LGA1200 Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB VENTUS XS OC Video Card
Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case
Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Is this case good? or have a better case

and why is this typed ? pls someone tell me
  • Note: The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with a SATA 6.0 Gb/s port. When the M.2 slot is populated, one SATA 6.0 Gb/s port is disabled.
  • Note: Some physical dimension restrictions cannot (yet) be automatically checked, such as cpu cooler / RAM clearance with modules using tall heat spreaders.

Last edited:
Solution
I agree with the others here. Intel is still in the game, ESPECIALLY when you consider pricing and availability of AMDs 5000 series CPUs (which is the first real generation where they've reached performance parity with Intel). Is Intel suffering on power usage from their 7 year old 14nm process, yes, but that comes with a slew of caveats that I don't want to get into. Also, with ever-dwindling "legit" reviewers, and the push for content to go to 20 minute YouTube videos, it's exceedingly difficult to wrap your head around what each reviewer is doing in terms of MCE / PBO settings. That's a very important factor. For example, from Tom's recent 11th gen Intel review, they're allowing MCE to remain on (unlimited turbo boost...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
10900F is $348
10850K is $385

Not sure the overclocking 'headroom' is worth it. Even with my custom loop, 5Ghz all core might not even be reasonable.

Just another temptation of mine, and I would hate to skip PCIe 4.0, I'm hoping to snag a Xe card when they come out, just to see how it goes.

logainofhades

Titan
10900F is $348
10850K is $385

Not sure the overclocking 'headroom' is worth it. Even with my custom loop, 5Ghz all core might not even be reasonable.

Just another temptation of mine, and I would hate to skip PCIe 4.0, I'm hoping to snag a Xe card when they come out, just to see how it goes.

Yea the 10900f is cheaper, but you didn't say 10900f, up above, so I didn't even look at it. :p

I agree with the others here. Intel is still in the game, ESPECIALLY when you consider pricing and availability of AMDs 5000 series CPUs (which is the first real generation where they've reached performance parity with Intel). Is Intel suffering on power usage from their 7 year old 14nm process, yes, but that comes with a slew of caveats that I don't want to get into. Also, with ever-dwindling "legit" reviewers, and the push for content to go to 20 minute YouTube videos, it's exceedingly difficult to wrap your head around what each reviewer is doing in terms of MCE / PBO settings. That's a very important factor. For example, from Tom's recent 11th gen Intel review, they're allowing MCE to remain on (unlimited turbo boost duration), while GamersNexus go out of their way to turn that stuff off. Anymore, we all just assume that any given reviewer is testing Intel vs AMD on comparably fair playing fields, but cross-referencing between reviewers is increasingly difficult.

Solution