Reputable
Aug 23, 2016
specs ;
cpu: ryzen 7 2700x
motherboard: b450 elite aorus
gpu: msi ventus rtx 2070
ram: 2x8gb 3000mhz ddr4
psu 600 watt 80plus gold

so i come from a intel core i7-4790s 16gb ddr3 gtx 1060 3gb to this system that i have now and yes it runs allot beter then the system i had before but when i look up video's and forums with the same specs i got i see they do allot beter fps two game that got my attention on that was call of duty modern warfare 2019 , csgo , red dead redemption 2
i play these games on high presets and get allot less fps then what i see on videos
so if someone can help me what the problem is with my setup that would be cool

Was this a new/fresh WIndows install, or 'swap CPU/mainboard/RAM and GPU, on existing WIndows10 install and hope for the best'? :)

Try a fresh full Win10 install, make sure you get latest BIOS for your mainboard, latest chipset drivers from AMD, latest GPU driver package, and all WIndows updates....

jinx21

Reputable
Aug 23, 2016
Was this a new/fresh WIndows install, or 'swap CPU/mainboard/RAM and GPU, on existing WIndows10 install and hope for the best'? :)

Try a fresh full Win10 install, make sure you get latest BIOS for your mainboard, latest chipset drivers from AMD, latest GPU driver package, and all WIndows updates....
Hello a yes it was a full fresh windows install i have the latest drivers installed

Apr 15, 2020
Did you get your drivers from AMD and from Nvidia, of did you use the drivers that come with Windows?

What do you mean by "they do allot beter fps" -- is that 5% or 50% or what?

One observation -- seems like you put your money in to MOBO and GPU and went a little skimpy on DRAM. I would not build any gaming machine thses days with less than 32GB.

jinx21

Reputable
Aug 23, 2016
Did you get your drivers from AMD and from Nvidia, of did you use the drivers that come with Windows?

What do you mean by "they do allot beter fps" -- is that 5% or 50% or what?

One observation -- seems like you put your money in to MOBO and GPU and went a little skimpy on DRAM. I would not build any gaming machine thses days with less than 32GB.
From nvidia and amd like on some games 50%
On cod i see people play on ultra 1080p doing 140 fps average and i got put some setting down to get a stable 140 fps average i play on 1920x1080 hight medium setting and get that fps while other people get that on ultra settings
I come from low en pc gaming and got my way up to some better specs but it sucks when you see people play with the same specs doing more fps and play on higher setting while i put so much money in to it
Well all the other guys use 16gb to so idk
it just sucks that my system is not doung what others are doing its allot of money for me and then you get disepointed like that not realy cool btw sorry for the bad english im from belgium

TRENDING THREADS