Question Im randomly losing display

RadioSoap

Reputable
Oct 10, 2015
Hey guys, my display is randomly disconnecting from my computer. I play on a smart TV, and mid game the screen acts as if my HDMI was just yanked from the TV. I've made sure the cords are in properly, tried moving the HDMI to a different HDMI port, and of course made sure all my drivers were up to spec. All checks passed on those ends. I am able to fix the issue by restarting the computer. I've found that if I leave the computer idle on desktop, theres no issues. The signal loss happens at seemingly random times in game. This makes me think that it has something to do with one of the components, and not the HDMI cord itself. I assume there is either an issue with my graphics card or my PSU, as both of them did take some water yesterday, but my GPU got very little, and I dried it entirely. The system ran fine, and stayed on for about 18 hours following that event. Is it possible that my PSU could be causing the display issues? What can I do to test whats causing these issues? I wanted to watch my task manager for a spike in consumption or usage, but the timing on the black screen is random and I dont have two monitors.

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include the age of the PSU if it's been recycled. By taking on some water, can you elaborate what actually happened?