Question I'm scared

Aug 29, 2023
Trying to update my bios for Asus rox strix z490e. Just got done initiating the flash, told me to reset to initiate the update. While in reboot i have no signal on monitor (I haven't touched anything!) and it just kept turning on and off constantly. Now it's staying on but I still don't have signal. What do I do?

Colif

Win 11 Master
the on/off thing could have been the bios training itself to the ram. That can happen after flashing the bios.

Has your CPU got an internal graphics processing unit (IGPU)? If so, you could try attaching the monitor to the motherboard and see if, for some weird reason, the resetting bios action has set the igpu as main display.

Aug 29, 2023
the on/off thing could have been the bios training itself to the ram. That can happen after flashing the bios.

Has your CPU got an internal graphics processing unit (IGPU)? If so, you could try attaching the monitor to the motherboard and see if, for some weird reason, the resetting bios action has set the igpu as main display.
I think you're right that's what it was doing. I didn't even think of using on board graphics, that would've been smart. I ended up just letting it sit for 2 hours just to be safe, I still had no display but I mustered up the courage to press the power button and restart.

Everything works thank God and I got the new bios update out of it so we all good. Thanks so much for the reply my man

Reactions: Colif