[SOLVED] I'm seeing 4 degree decrease in gpu temperature with the side panel open

jostegogar

Reputable
Mar 26, 2019
Does that mean that my case is bad? There are 5 fans in total 2 on the top exhausting 2 on front pulling in, and one in the back exhausting too.
Also i feel alot of heat coming out of the top fans so they are definitely working but I wonder if they are working good enough?

Solution
Does that mean that my case is bad? There are 5 fans in total 2 on the top exhausting 2 on front pulling in, and one in the back exhausting too.
Also i feel alot of heat coming out of the top fans so they are definitely working but I wonder if they are working good enough?
Your case would only be bad if all of your current fans and gpu fans are running at 100 percent Maximum and you can not add any more fans. Otherwise you fan control settings may need to be increased.
Your case would only be bad if all of your current fans and gpu fans are running at 100 percent Maximum and you can not add any more fans. Otherwise you fan control settings may need to be increased.

Solution
Most video cards due to the way their coolers are designed to circulate air within the case. If your side panel has no ventilation, then leaving it off means the hot air from the video card is no longer circulating in the case.

So no, it's not that your case is bad. This is a product of how video card coolers are designed.