[SOLVED] I'm thinking about changing my system to AMD

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

briblo1982

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2015
I'm looking into getting
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master Motherboard
Already have Teamforce ddr4 32gb
Already have Samsung 970 plus 1tb
Already have 2 Toshiba 10 tb hard drives
Already have seagate 12 tb
AMD Radeon 6900XT
Already have ID-Cooling water cooler

What do you guys think?

Solution
No you don’t, because I couldn’t have guessed that it would be bent CPU pins specifically, I just presumed that he’d damaged the motherboard somehow, which turned out to be correct.

So you guessed that he damaged the board, when that was exactly what people were working through before you arrived. Again my comment of "not what we would normally point to" specifically was meant toward the mention of his pins being bent.

Again if you feel the need to say that you were right because your generalized guess turned out vaguely correct, be my guest.
It looks like to me the chipset is unstable
well, there's thousands of us using them already and no reports of chipset-wide issue.
check ASUS, MSI, AsRock, etc forums and you will not see any regular mention of issues like what you're describing.
i can't see two motherboards doing the same thing much less three motherboards.
i went through a similar case of this with AM3+ boards years ago.
went through two identical AsRock 990FX boards being DOA and a third Gigabyte failing upon first boot.
eventually got an ASUS TUF 990FX and it ran great for years.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
No you don’t, because I couldn’t have guessed that it would be bent CPU pins specifically, I just presumed that he’d damaged the motherboard somehow, which turned out to be correct.

So you guessed that he damaged the board, when that was exactly what people were working through before you arrived. Again my comment of "not what we would normally point to" specifically was meant toward the mention of his pins being bent.

Again if you feel the need to say that you were right because your generalized guess turned out vaguely correct, be my guest.

Solution