Question I'm thinking of upgrading my PC ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

neiru

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
So I put in a new motherboard and cpu. Now the computer doesn't power on at all. I'm checking all of my connections and still can't get anything. Am sure my PSU is compatible with what I have. I know about the paper clip trick but can't find a paper clip. Just a simple cpu upgrade has become so frustrating.

NedSmelly

Prominent
Feb 11, 2024
Do you have the PC speaker plugged in to beep out error codes? Are there any LED lights indicating power is coming through?

Is the motherboard using BIOS version F14 or higher?

You might need to boot it into BIOS with your Ryzen 1600 to check BIOS version and update it. Or ask the shop you bought it from to do it for you if it’s bricks-and-mortar.

neiru

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
It was the cpu. PSU is running now, but I think the BIOS needs to be updated because there is nothing on the screen. This board has a Q plus flash and a BIOS usb. I believe it will update automatically from a flash drive, I hope. Not sure how long update takes.

neiru

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
I finally got it to boot up. But I can't get the wifi to work. This board comes with an antenna, so the wifi should be built in to the motherboard.