[SOLVED] I'm too obsessed and excited for the 3090.

Solution
but the one I have seems faster and cheaper
The reads are faster but the writes are slower. I have Intel 660p and 665p in 4 different systems including the one I am writing from, it is great.

P.S. Your "boot SSD" is not very useful with its slow writes as well. I would take it off the list at all or swap with something fast (not only read speeds but writes too).

Lutfij

Titan
Crack open some nuts, perhaps? With all silly comments aside, I'm sure there are plenty of ways for you to kill time. Besides, there's more than meets the eye with new hardware. History has shown that all the new hardware isn't always what they are shown to be, so yeah be patient and keep your expectations low.

Prem Sawari

Honorable
Jul 26, 2015
What pc build and monitor do you have? The 3090 is quite the powerhouse.
I'll be picking up the parts for this tomorrow at MicroCenter

CASE: LANCOOL II MESH
MOTHERBOARD: B550 TAICHI (BECAUSE IT'S PRETTY AND COOL)
CPU: RYZEN 3900X
GPU: RTX-3090
RAM: TRIDENT Z 3600 32 GB
PSU: PHANTEK REVOLT 1000W
BOOT SSD: PNY XLR8 (RECOMMEND A BETTER ONE FOR THE SAME PRICE?)
STORAGE SSD: CRUCIAL P1 1TB (RECOMMEND A BETTER ONE FOR THE SAME SIZE AND PRICE?)
COOLER: ZOOMFLOW 360X (RECOMMEND A BETTER ONE?)

Prem Sawari

Honorable
Jul 26, 2015
I'm going to camp outside the microcenter the next week for the 3080. I'll snag one as a safety net in case I fail to snag a 3090. They say they're not doing online pick up orders so whoever is there on that morning will be the ones who buy whatever stock they have. I'll have my lawn chair, a blanket, my smartphone, a portable charger, and some water. It's going to be a great night

but the one I have seems faster and cheaper
The reads are faster but the writes are slower. I have Intel 660p and 665p in 4 different systems including the one I am writing from, it is great.

P.S. Your "boot SSD" is not very useful with its slow writes as well. I would take it off the list at all or swap with something fast (not only read speeds but writes too).

Last edited:
Solution