I'm totally baffled

martin

Can anyone tell me what 'texxmrar.exe' is? - It runs on
startup on a networked NT4 machine, problem is it sends
the CPU into overdrive (100%) but yet nothing seem to be
associated with it - when I end the process everything
reverts to normal with no obvious side effects. When I try
to access the properties the only info given is the
version number and language (English(American)). Microsoft
has no reference to it nor can I find any reference on the
net anywhere - I am behind a firewall running McAffee with
daily updates....Anyone????

Martin

lee

"Martin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<1f28701c457e9$0c2a45f0$a601280a@phx.gbl>...
> Can anyone tell me what 'texxmrar.exe' is? - It runs on
> startup on a networked NT4 machine, problem is it sends
> the CPU into overdrive (100%) but yet nothing seem to be
> associated with it - when I end the process everything
> reverts to normal with no obvious side effects. When I try
> to access the properties the only info given is the
> version number and language (English(American)). Microsoft
> has no reference to it nor can I find any reference on the
> net anywhere - I am behind a firewall running McAffee with
> daily updates....Anyone????
>
> Martin

Very rare to not find a hit on Google like this, but you're
right, not much info out there on it. If you opened it
with a hex editor you could perhaps read some of the text
strings almost always included in such a file and perhaps
glean a clue or two as to it's purpose. Then maybe track
down the app that is using it and correct things from there?

Just from the 'rar' part of it, I would assume a third
party raring/unraring app. Rar is a file compression scheme
as zip is also a file compression scheme, just in case you
never heard of a rar before. Used more on Unix, Linux IIRC.