i'm trying to building my first gaming pc, i need some guidance my budget is 600 d0llors

nallavanv

Reputable
Dec 19, 2014
my pc specs,

processor - amd fx 6350 - 115 $
graphic card - xfx r9 280 - 200 $
mother board - GA-78LMT-USB3 -65$
psu - EVGA 500W - 40$
case - corsair 200r -50 $
ram - crucial 8gb -70$
storage - 1 tb seagate -55$

also do i need to get a sound card and network card ,

Solution
Motherboards carry sound and network now a days, yours is no exception.

If you want to get a little bit more performance, make sure your ram is 2x4gb to use dual channel memory transfers, not 1x8gb.

Everything else looks fine to me! (Although I would recommend an Intel CPU, but that's just my preference)

SproutSchon posted a very nice alternative. Which should perform quite a bit faster to what you suggested initially.

SproutSchon

Reputable
Nov 24, 2014
If you could toss 11 more bucks in I would do that:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4160 3.6GHz Dual-Core Processor ($112.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock H97M Anniversary Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($66.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($51.85 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card ($234.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($31.98 @ OutletPC)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($52.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $611.78
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-19 04:29 EST-0500

The R9 290 is a great GPU and a steal at this price, it will run everything on ultra.
The i3 won't limit you in 99% of the time and might cost some frame rate dips here and there in heavily multi-threaded games.
This is not a real issue today because most games are single-threaded and almost all of them do not require more than two.
This will offer you a much better upgrade path in the near future.

Your AMD alternative with the FX6350 will perform a bit better in the multi-threaded tasks because of its 6 cores but will be much slower on single or double-threaded ones (which is most of the games).

BrandonYoung

Reputable
Oct 13, 2014
Motherboards carry sound and network now a days, yours is no exception.

If you want to get a little bit more performance, make sure your ram is 2x4gb to use dual channel memory transfers, not 1x8gb.

Everything else looks fine to me! (Although I would recommend an Intel CPU, but that's just my preference)

SproutSchon posted a very nice alternative. Which should perform quite a bit faster to what you suggested initially.

Solution

SproutSchon

Reputable
Nov 24, 2014
Thanks Brandon I totally forgot the sound and network cards question.
You definitely don't need a sound card I agree.
The only thing you might need to add is a wireless card for WiFi (15$-20$) but if you can connect with an ethernet cable you should favor this solution (faster) and therefore don't need the wireless card.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I agree with all above.

To add; motherboards with audio will have two audio sources; The rear audio jacks and audio pins for front panel audio which your case has.
ie; HD Audio pins
IMG_1085.jpg

The difference between the two besides connecting the case's front panel audio is the amplification. The rear audio jacks aren't as powerful, they're meant for speakers with their own amplifier. The front panel audio is meant for headphones so it has a stronger amplifier, so will be much louder, that's if you use headphones.