Question I'm unsure what to do with the 3-pin connector on my GTX 4070 Ti ?

Jun 2, 2024
New to computer building here. Got my PC mostly prebuilt but my graphics card came separate. I mounted it easily enough, but it has a small cable attached with a connector that has 2-pins, a space, 1-pin.
The only place I can find that matches this pin arrangement is the uart1 port, but searches tell me this has nothing to do with graphics cards. If I can I'll post a pic.

Jun 2, 2024
Realize I forgot to ask the question. Is this cable necessary for anything, in which case where does it go, or can I just band it up and hide it?

it has a small cable attached that is 2 pin, space, 1 pin
sounds like an aRGB header.
not sure why the card would have this sort of extension though.
possibly to daisy-chain LED devices to the card?

like this?
images

Reactions: Diaxus
Jun 2, 2024
sounds like an aRGB header.
not sure why the card would have this sort of extension though.
possibly to daisy-chain LED devices to the card?

like this?
images
That's exactly the pattern and my rig is rgb (you know us newbs and our flashy stuff lol). I'll look for that port, thank you.

New to computer building here. Got my PC mostly prebuilt but my graphics card came separate. I mounted it easily enough, but it has a small cable attached that is 2 pin, space, 1 pin, and the only place I can find that matches the pattern is the uart1 port, which searches told me has nothing to do with graphics cards. If I can I'll post a pic.
make and model of card card will have the part no. or the box

yep, it's the female connector
yeah, it's just meant to connect to an aRGB header then.

it's possible that any motherboard control software will detect the card and be able to sync LEDs with other detected hardware without using the cable.
that's how most lighted cards have worked for quite some time.
this could be just in case it isn't detected on it's own.

Jun 2, 2024
yeah, it's just meant to connect to an aRGB header then.

it's possible that any motherboard control software will detect the card and be able to sync LEDs with other detected hardware without using the cable.
that's how most lighted cards have worked for quite some time.
this could be just in case it isn't detected on it's own.
I see, possibly a backup then. I'll test it out. Thanks for your help, it's very much appreciated.

Looks like some custom RGB GPU backplate.
Did you manage to find spot on motherboard, where to connect cable coming from it?

What is model name of your motherboard?
(You can find it with CPU-Z - motherboard section)

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS