Question imac issues

gazza26

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2013
Hi,
I was given a imac with no operating system installed. when i turn it on it just shows the apple logo and loading bar then when at end of loading it just freezes. i have kept it on for hours on hope it does something but just stays on the screen.
How can i get this to work please?
im using a windows usb keyboard

USAFRet

Titan
Hi,
I was given a imac with no operating system installed. when i turn it on it just shows the apple logo and loading bar then when at end of loading it just freezes. i have kept it on for hours on hope it does something but just stays on the screen.
I would expect that you need to identify the particular "iMac" you have, and obtain the relevant OS, from Apple.

Reactions: gazza26

gazza26

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2013
Hi i have just seen its Model number is A1312..
Problem i have is even if i can get the right os i cant seem to get it off the loading screen page

USAFRet

Titan

gazza26

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2013

ScreperisLT

Reputable
Feb 12, 2020
What I do recommend if you want macOS, is to save up at least 250-350$ and buy a used 2017-2019 MacBook. The 2017 models are no longer supported, so if possible - buy the 2018-2019 models.

Tom'sMark

Prominent
Jan 5, 2023
Hi,
Who did you buy this from?