[SOLVED] iMac RAM upgrade help 2017

danielfitz01

Prominent
Dec 29, 2018
Hello, Im buying RAM as a Christmas present for a family member and im not familiar with the components thats needed to upgrade a Mac, As far as im aware its the 2017 model, no clue on late or mid model.

Retina 5K, 27-inch 2017
processor- 3.5GHz intel core i5
Memory - 2x4GB 2400MHZ DDR4 RAM
Graphics- Radeon pro 575 4GB

So far ive narrowed it down to this RAM on Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01BIWMWVS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

Can anyone confirm that this is the RAM that is compatible, it would be greatly appreciated

So I'm not exactly sure which mac laptop you're referring to, but either way mac's usually have their RAM soldered on the Circuit board. So there's no way to upgrade them. Apple doesn't want their customers touching/modifying their products unless it's handled by one of their techs.

danielfitz01

Prominent
Dec 29, 2018
So I'm not exactly sure which mac laptop you're referring to, but either way mac's usually have their RAM soldered on the Circuit board. So there's no way to upgrade them. Apple doesn't want their customers touching/modifying their products unless it's handled by one of their techs.

sorry, I probably wasnt clear enough, i need RAM for an iMac, the desktop all in one computer that Apple makes, only realised i was slightly vague in the first post