[SOLVED] Image and audio stuttering every hour or so

sevack

Prominent
May 1, 2021
View: https://youtu.be/IBejFNskS9U
- here is an example of this.The stuttering happens independently of whether i am in an app or just on the home screen. It appears for around 10 to 12 minutes and then everything comes to normal. My gpu is a gigabyte gtx 1080 and the cpu is a ryzen 5 2600, psu is a cylon 600w .Tried undervolting the card, did not seem to do anything. I suspect the reason of the problem is cpu/gpu throttling but i'm not really sure. Also, sometimes when I open task manager . it for a bare second shows my cpu being loaded up tp 90%. Thanks in advance for the answers

Solution
Please don't create multiple threads. Nothing mentioned about your BIOS for the motherboard...? I've asked about that prior alongside the OS version. Have you tried reinstalling your OS after fabricating your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? FYI, since you're on a Ryzen platform, you should've gone for a dual channel DDR4-3200MHz ram kit.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build? You might want to also see what version of Windows 10 you're currently on? Ideally you should be on version 20H2. Then is the matter about the make and model of your motherboard and the BIOS version that you're on at the time of writing. Make and model of your rams? Have you trued using DDU and then the latest GPU drivers from Nvidia's support site?

I would also haze a need for a donor PSU with at 650W of power for the entire build, in case your PSU might be failing.

sevack

Prominent
May 1, 2021

How old is the PSU in your build? You might want to also see what version of Windows 10 you're currently on? Ideally you should be on version 20H2. Then is the matter about the make and model of your motherboard and the BIOS version that you're on at the time of writing. Make and model of your rams? Have you trued using DDU and then the latest GPU drivers from Nvidia's support site?

I would also haze a need for a donor PSU with at 650W of power for the entire build, in case your PSU might be failing.
thanks for the recommendations! i'll test the pc with new drivers installed tomorrow and write the results here.

sevack

Prominent
May 1, 2021

ok , installed the new drivers and it didn't seem to fix anything. I think the psu might be failing because it's a cheap chinese aerocool one. It seems the ram is not involved, my 2x8 ddr4 2667 goodram set has been working fine

sevack

Prominent
May 1, 2021
View: https://youtu.be/IBejFNskS9U

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ering-every-hour-or-so.3701453/#post-22304753 - here is the previous post on my problem. I was suggested to change my psu - now it's a bequiet system power 9 700w. My specs are :
ryzen 5 2600
gtx 1080
2x8 ddr4 2666mghz goodram sticks
gigabyte b450 motherboard
pccooler gi-x3b processor cooler
bequiet system power 9 700w psu
all of my drivers are up to date , windows is too
I just don't know what to do anymore
p.s. now that i've changed the psu it has become a little bit less severe

Lutfij

Titan
Please don't create multiple threads. Nothing mentioned about your BIOS for the motherboard...? I've asked about that prior alongside the OS version. Have you tried reinstalling your OS after fabricating your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? FYI, since you're on a Ryzen platform, you should've gone for a dual channel DDR4-3200MHz ram kit.

Solution

sevack

Prominent
May 1, 2021
thanks for the answer. Haven't tried reistalling windows yet - if the stuttering doesn't stop i'll definitely do that . My bios version is F3 from 25,01,2019
p.s. as for the ram , i didn't know I needed 3200 mhz sticks when building my pc 2 yrs ago. I would have bought the memory now , but 2x8 set is more than a 100$ now - a little too costly for me

Last edited: