[SOLVED] Image too sharp and can't change that.

Feb 27, 2019
My TV has both a "Normal Mode" and a "Game Mode". In the "Normal Mode" I can change my TV's sharpness and everything, but the only issue is that "Normal Mode" has input lag but the "Game Mode" does not. The issue with "Game Mode" is that I can't change image settings so I can't change sharpness so the image is way too sharp. Can anyone help me out? With maybe changing some Windows settings? Any help is Appreciated. Thanks!

Solution
If anything, most TV manufacturer's use way less video processing, filters, etc in Game Mode.

That said, check your GPU panel settings. If using an Nvidia GPU, they have a new Sharpen filter that might be set too high. Also, you'll probably want to experiment with different Output Color Formats and Dynamic Ranges. These can drastically affect the image, especially when changing picture modes.

It would help immensely if you list full system spec and brand/model of TV though, vs just talking in terms of how the two picture modes you've tried vary.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs, OS, and TV (make, model).

Not sure about sharpness ("image is way too sharp") being an issue.

Moving post to PC Gaming. Likely that that category will garner additional attention and responses.

If anything, most TV manufacturer's use way less video processing, filters, etc in Game Mode.

That said, check your GPU panel settings. If using an Nvidia GPU, they have a new Sharpen filter that might be set too high. Also, you'll probably want to experiment with different Output Color Formats and Dynamic Ranges. These can drastically affect the image, especially when changing picture modes.

It would help immensely if you list full system spec and brand/model of TV though, vs just talking in terms of how the two picture modes you've tried vary.

Solution