Images and certain websites don't load on new router

Sajed98

Reputable
Oct 31, 2014
I had a TP-Link WR841HP. It was a bad router. I play DotA 2, and there were connection drops. So I got a new router, Netgear R6220. Now, it lags even more. And that's not the main problem, it doesn't show images on YouTube, Steam etc. Some websites load fine while others don't load at all. Like I couldn't even access Tom's Hardware on PC, said DNS not found or something (btw all these problems are on PC, everything works fine on my phone). So, I tried finding a solution for DNS not found, and saw that flushing the DNS cache and changing the DNS setting in the router from auto to fixed fixes the problem. So, I flushed the cache and set DNS settings of the router to Google's DNS, (8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4). It seems to work fine, images and websites load. But the lag in DotA is so big it's unplayable. I just switched to the old one and everything works mostly fine.

Please help, as I can't seem to find any solution.

kanewolf

Titan

I don't know. Most times things like these threads happen is because you tried using a VPN and the uninstalled or some other game optimizer. It left problems in your basic system. You could try the various network stack reset procedures or sfc /scannow to see if any obvious system issues show.

Is your PC wired or wireless connected to your router? If wireless, have you tried a wired connection?

Sajed98

Reputable
Oct 31, 2014

Yes connecting wirelessly. ill try to connect wired.

and i dont use vpn or game optimizer.

edit:
asdasdads.jpg

when trying to reset tcp/ip, this pops up. why access denied?