Imagination Already Ported Vulkan API To Its PowerVR GPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZolaIII

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2013
Valve is also developing an Intel graphics Vulcan driver & they intent to open source it. Hopefully Imagination will go same path soon. ;)
Somehow their is so much wonderful news tied for software future of graphics and computing in last couple of days that it's overwhelming. & I am usually a over all critic but not this time & not about this.

Marius Cirsta

Reputable
May 6, 2014
IMG will not open source anything, they like finding excuses too much. Luckily Intel dropped PowerVR graphics from their chips and I do trust Intel graphics more + the open source Linux stuff Intel have is the best.

redspot

Reputable
Mar 6, 2015
Vulkan should work on anything that OpenGL ES 3.1 supports, which means it should work on most graphics cards produced late 2009 and early 2010 onward.

DX12 is for XBOX ONE, and for most games on PC.

However, the PS4 and most mobile devices aren't tied to DX12. Not sure if PS4 is a possibility (probably not) but since the PowerVR GPU is coming we know for sure some mobile devices will support this.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
STOP WITH THE SPECULARITY, it makes your tech demos look trashy
I had the same thought, except I think they did it to emphasize the chip's ability to do bump mapping, local light sources, etc. Any half-decent artist would have turned it way down, on most of those surfaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.