Question [IMPORTANT] MY FILES ARE DAMAGED

ciarabelieber4

Reputable
Aug 15, 2018
Please guys help me. I just got weird virus on my PC and all my files are damaged and changed to the .BESUB! PLEASE HELP ME! HOW CAN I SAVE THEM?

ciarabelieber4

Reputable
Aug 15, 2018
did you read through that guide? if you can do that stuff, maybe.
So this is how that happened. I really don't know how, but I suddenly got installed bunch of programs and got too many errors. I quickly turned off internet and I unistalled all programs. Everything was fine until I tunred on internet. I got message that I need to update my PC. In the corner of my PC some updates were installing. It was weird for me because I turned off updates for my PC. I ignored it. My computer acted so weird so I restarted my PC and I turned off internet again. I saw that my files are all damaged! Some are still alive, but that's because that "update" didn't finished to the end. Anyways, I reinstalled win7 on my local disk c which I formatted, but I didn't formatted local disk d bc there are too many important stuffs. So isn't this link just to remove files, not to save them?

D

Deleted member 14196

I am sorry. Going forward, at least take advantage of some free cloud storage from OneDrive, DropBox and Google's cloud backup to store your stuff in the cloud for safe keeping.

depending on how sensitive your data is it may be best to purchase a USB flash drive or and external hard drive (depending on how much data there would be) and backup any important data on that going forward.

unfortunately you wouldn't be able to backup any data now since the virus likely would have infected those files as well

Ransomware occurrences are extremely rare if/when confining one's software downloading activities to reputable/legitimate sites...

If you use the website's notorious for cracks/hacks/warez/'Office-sold-here -for $1' you are pretty much begging for ransomware well before lunchtime...

USAFRet

Titan
How can I do backup?
Backups are what you do BEFORE the BadThing happens.

ciarabelieber4

Reputable
Aug 15, 2018
Ransomware occurrences are extremely rare if/when confining one's software downloading activities to reputable/legitimate sites...

If you use the website's notorious for cracks/hacks/warez/'Office-sold-here -for $1' you are pretty much begging for ransomware well before lunchtime...
Yes, I think I tried to download crack file from one site. But I guess that is a cause of virus. But it was weird for me that when I installed that exe. where is that crack supposed to be, nothing happened, i didn't saw any viruses installed. Just after maybe 5 hours on my computer were installed bunch of programs and there was bunch of errors.

ciarabelieber4

Reputable
Aug 15, 2018
Backups are what you do BEFORE the BadThing happens.

Yes, I know! But I thought that there exist simmilar program like EaseUS data recovery for damaged disks.

USAFRet

Titan
Yes, I think I tried to download crack file from one site. But I guess that is a cause of virus. But it was weird for me that when I installed that exe. where is that crack supposed to be, nothing happened, i didn't saw any viruses installed. Just after maybe 5 hours on my computer were installed bunch of programs and there was bunch of errors.
What, you thought it would be "HI! I'm a virus. I'll be encrypting all of your stuff over the next hour or two. If you don't want me, just turn your system off."

It did it behind the scenes, invisibly.
That's what they do.

ciarabelieber4

Reputable
Aug 15, 2018
What, you thought it would be "HI! I'm a virus. I'll be encrypting all of your stuff over the next hour or two. If you don't want me, just turn your system off."

It did it behind the scenes, invisibly.
That's what they do.
Yeah! I'm aware of that. But I know it's over. There's no going back. But I wanted to ask is my virus out of PC if I formatted disk where is system installed . I reinstalled win7. But on other disk are just personal files. I'm asking this because I am scared to use this computer again 'cause I am still in shock about what happened. And I am totally scared to use it again. Hope you understand what I asked, yeah I know my english is really bad.

ciarabelieber4

Reputable
Aug 15, 2018
Your disks are not damaged.
The files are simply encrypted. Without the encryption key, you cannot read them. At all.
They put on ever folder text document on my pc that I need to pay about 400 dollars to save them, but there is no way that I'm gonna do that. I don't even trust them. So basically the point of this virus is to trick people to give them money. But in the end of day, it's my fault that I went to the illegal site to find crack for one stupid program. Computer is not for stupid people like me. Lol. Year ago I did the same stupid thing like this, but it wasn't dangerous like this now. Will I ever learn that it's dangerous to download cracks from sites that are obvious that they are fake. Btw Sorry for this long paragraph!