impossible cpu temperatures

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hailz

Honorable
May 31, 2013
Hi all,

I recently installed a corsair h60 on my stock 8350 and since then my cpu temps in HWmonitor, coretemp etc.. have gone wonky.

i get readings in the range of 11-13c, regardless of load. sometimes when i start the monitoring program the temps will jump up to around 19cc and then fall to 11-13 and stay there. obviously this is impossible when it is 30c outside.

everything seems to be running fine, but i don't like not knowing what my temps are and i'm wondering what could have caused this/ how to fix it? could a misplaced waterblock cause such numbers? is it possible i damaged the sensors?

nathanoakes

Honorable
May 31, 2013

I did, and that is what my monitoring software tells me...

Hailz

Honorable
May 31, 2013

hmm i'm just a little confused because when i had the stock cooler on it the temps were always showing what seemed to be the real temps (they were above the ambient temperature anyway).

i'll do some tests and see, but when playing games the temps don't really fluctuate.

also here's a SS i just took.

35mkxv7.png

two of the three temps are clearly wrong at 7C... but the third is higher than ambient temperature (22C) at 25C while browsing the internet. Could it be that that is the actual temperature? It doesn't seem to climb much when under load though.