Impossible to boot on w10 bootable key using UEFI

Zinfen

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017
Hello, I am trying to reinstall W10 on my crucial mx200, I want to use UEFI in order to format it and have GPT partitioned disk, but I end up everytime with this error:
1500380507-img-20170718-140611.jpg

My ssd was using MBR maybe it is related, but the usb key is recognized in both UEFI or legacy mode inside bios.

I already tried the fixmbr, fixboot, rebuildbcd commands (I can boot on both the key or ssd using legacy mode), it seems that I am stuck using the old MBR frown.gif

I used the standart microsoft creation tool, maybe it can't boot using uefi and I have to create a new bootable key ?

Any idea ?

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
Enter the following, where it says ENTER, just press Enter:

Diskpart

ENTER

List volume

ENTER

Find the volume labelled: ESP. ESP or EFI System Partition. Select that volume. Now assign a letter to it, any letter as long as it's not being used by a different volume.
I'll use the example of 'X'

Assign letter=x

ENTER

Exit

Type the following command and hit Enter:

bcdboot C:\windows /s z: /f UEFI

This will specify the volume as being a UEFI volume, which should rectify the issue, otherwise you'll have to re-install the OS.

When you are loaded back into Windows, be sure to back up your PC with a backup tool like Rollback Rx or Macrium Reflect.

Zinfen

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017
Hello, thanks for your help, actually I wanted to install the os, but couldn't, I managed to fix it by creating a new USB iso on the key, I think the boot files were damaged on it.