Impressive On Paper, Swiftpoint 'Z' Mouse Preorders Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
"you probably won’t want both the Z and the One" I disagree with that statement even if the two somewhat overlap having both available is a advantageous perk. Price obviously is a factor in both case however, but if they were both cheap enough to justify people would want them both.

On a side note I'd love to see a analog game keypad, a trackball mouse, and a game controller done like the Wooting One/Z Mouse.

Good article, thanks for the heads up. Ya, $229 seems a bit steep. and 124g seems a tad heavy. But considering it's features, depending on it's software, how the mouse fares with/without it, the asking price may well be worth it.

Looking forward to a proper review of this mouse on Tom's and in general. Possibly the most interesting, cleverly designed, and functional mouse to come along yet.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
That's quite a coincidence. I just posted on the Dream Machines DM1 Pro S Mouse article, a couple days ago, about the potential for mice to use what I think they call the "pivot" function. I hope that becomes standard.

I doubt many people will be picking it up, though. It's not going to be terribly light, with those features. Holding it in the air will quickly become fatiguing.

I'm also skeptical about the rocking function.

Swiftpoint Dan

Commendable
Aug 14, 2016
Hi there... first, full disclosure.. I'm Dan, an employee of Swiftpoint :)

We are huge fans of Tom's Hardware, and would like to give a pre-order deal to Tom's hardware readers for a $50 discount when a full pre-order is placed (it doesn't apply for the $20 deposit option)

Use the coupon code: SPZTOMS50 on the check-out page. We'll keep the coupon live for the next few weeks.

G

Seems overkill and overpriced. Who pays over $200 for a mouse? Well, I guess the market has spoken and there are enough people interested to make it happen. I'll never get what some people spend money on.

Laoena

Commendable
Aug 15, 2016
I backed the Swiftpoint GT (their previous kickstarter mini/travel mouse), which also came full of features, and was well-designed & engineered and comes with extras. As such, I have confidence that Swiftpoint will deliver on their features for the Z. And if you check this project on Kicktraq, you will see on day 2 the majority of the other GT backers jumping onboard after hearing about the project as well via email.

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014

Of all the above, I'm most skeptical about the pivot, actually. Seems like it will either work exceptionally well or be uncontrollable...I think I could get used to a gentle amount of rocking.

But we'll see I guess. :)

I'm not as skeptical perhaps. Though. am definitely curious. The curiosity, she's been piqued by ze mouse! More so still with the coupon lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.