[SOLVED] Improving my pc

Jul 15, 2020
My pc as of right now i very slow and in some game i play i cant even get over 60 frames/s. My current setup is a lenovo ideacentre and my pc specs is: 16 gb ram, ssd drive, rtx 2060, a pretty new power supply, an i5 6400k processor. I am not sure what motherboard i have right now.
Any help would is appreciated.
Thanks

Solution
60fps at what resolution? Does your monitor support more then 60Hz?
The i5 6400 is likely the issue, a 4 core 4 thread cpu has no business being paired with a rtx 2060.

i'd say, just deal with it for now or find a cheap i7 6700(depending if your lenovo supports it) on the used market(they're usually around $200, so not very cheap), new amd chips are only a little bit away. But if you're an intel person, no need to wait, the 10th gen is out now. But this does mean a new motherboard, cpu, and case(since lenovo case is probably proprietary)

What is the new psu you got? Just curious, it's likely not at fault, but it'd be nice to know if it's a quality unit.
60fps at what resolution? Does your monitor support more then 60Hz?
The i5 6400 is likely the issue, a 4 core 4 thread cpu has no business being paired with a rtx 2060.

i'd say, just deal with it for now or find a cheap i7 6700(depending if your lenovo supports it) on the used market(they're usually around $200, so not very cheap), new amd chips are only a little bit away. But if you're an intel person, no need to wait, the 10th gen is out now. But this does mean a new motherboard, cpu, and case(since lenovo case is probably proprietary)

What is the new psu you got? Just curious, it's likely not at fault, but it'd be nice to know if it's a quality unit.

Solution