In Pictures: 20 Do-It-Yourself Geek Projects From Instructables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syaoran74

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
the usb light is over complicated
-get usb cable rather than drive as they are already split in wires.
-find 5v and ground (usually red and black)
- get 5v led , resistor and wires.
-solder together.
-heatshrink
tada
i did something similar for a diy laptop cooler but using a 12v fan so didnt need the resistor and a card box as a platform

Northwestern

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
While some of these DIY projects are useful (Computer lock and double end thumb drive), others are actual products you can find in stores (USB Lamp and Phone charger).

G

aww man, none of my computer related instructables are on the list =[

geof2001

Distinguished
May 23, 2008
The kleenex box was actually slated for a release at one point. It was call and iBlow.Jobs cancelled it though after some very messy results with user testing. That and there was a high risk of patent infringement

QEFX

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007
[citation][nom]geof2001[/nom]The kleenex box was actually slated for a release at one point. It was call and iBlow.Jobs cancelled it though after some very messy results with user testing. That and there was a high risk of patent infringement[/citation]

I see what you did there.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
Modifying your mouse to hold cell phone batteries? I clicked on the link. It's horrible. What a waste of time. Using a dremel to cut up a mouse you could replace for $15...you'll spend more on the dremel, the battery, and in the amount of time it takes to do all that you could get a job and work for two hours at minimum wage. Go buy a new mouse and donate your old one.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]JonnyDough[/nom]Modifying your mouse to hold cell phone batteries? I clicked on the link. It's horrible. What a waste of time. Using a dremel to cut up a mouse you could replace for $15...you'll spend more on the dremel, the battery, and in the amount of time it takes to do all that you could get a job and work for two hours at minimum wage. Go buy a new mouse and donate your old one.[/citation]
To be fair, if you're the kind of person that is in to DIY projects you would prefer the cell phone battery powered mouse and you would likely already own a dremel.

[citation][nom]xpeh[/nom]The Apple Kleenex box is probably one of the best uses for Apple's products.[/citation]
The only better application would have been a toilet-paper dispenser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS