In Pictures: Tom's Hardware's AMD/Eyefinity Event

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkMantle

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
[citation][nom]mlcloud[/nom]Can we find out which user(s) (read: troll(s)) are responsible for the single thumbs down on everyone's comment? Perhaps we can unleash Eddie (the violent man with the hammer) on them...[/citation]

My thoughts exactly, i would also like to know who is the one responsible for the thumb down on everyone, everytime i see this i have to give thumbs up to everyone, even the comments i don't like but don't deserve a thumb down just because they think different than me.

free1dom

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
[citation][nom]DarkMantle[/nom]My thoughts exactly, i would also like to know who is the one responsible for the thumb down on everyone, everytime i see this i have to give thumbs up to everyone, even the comments i don't like but don't deserve a thumb down just because they think different than me.[/citation]
Yeah we need to wait for monitor that designed for it

lithp

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
I would assume some monitors might be designed with more screen surface from edge to edge to eliminate the jail-bar, border effect multi monitor setups create but that might just be hoping and dreaming...

Painmaker

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
Nice video and event.
But I began to wonder... If you have a MoBo with Hydravision, can you put in it for example ati 58xx and gtx 295 and have eyefinity with 3d vision? That would be fucking awesome.

tapher

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]lithp[/nom]I would assume some monitors might be designed with more screen surface from edge to edge to eliminate the jail-bar, border effect multi monitor setups create but that might just be hoping and dreaming...[/citation]

This begs the question, have drivers which compensate for bezel thickness been written? The Matrox TripleHead2Go system has this feature, and when Eyefinity came out, it was suggested that ATI create such a feature. Has it happened yet? It's all that stands between me and the purchase as I have 3 FW900s.

tapher

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
I've researched it, and even the latest driver in beta does NOT support bezel compensation. Until such a feature exists, my $$$ for a 5970 stays put. Will Nvidia beat them to it?

LoBi

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2009
Nice Loot, and everyone getting Dragon Age was great! And unlike Nvidea ATI only need one card for three monitors WIN! (soz for fanboy outburst, but its true!)

LoBi

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2009
[citation][nom]Nash1972[/nom]What do you mean just small enough to fit in a mid tower case. My ThermalTake Shark case didn't think so...lol[/citation]
What? it fits like a glove!

Status
Not open for further replies.