[SOLVED] In the middle of building system but i already have my eyes on a custom desk case should i do it?

kwikvinny

Reputable
Nov 13, 2017
I have been building a pc slowly but surely for a little while now but i came across a custom pc case which is a desk with a glass top that has all the pc parts inside of it and they even have a version with the glass that has a button that fogs the glass so you cant see through it. Its obviously expensive but super nice for a lifetime build.

This is what i currently am working on....
  • intel i9 7900x cpu
  • Asus x299 mark 2 motherboard
  • Corsair rm850 psu
  • Lian li 011 xl ROG pc case
  • Barrowch FBLTFHI-04N-V2 cpu waterblock with digital temp
  • Barrowch External Expansion Display Screen With 8.8 Inches 1920*480px Multifunction Synchronous Monitoring Interface FBEHD-01
  • EKWB EK-CoolStream Classic SE 360 Slim Radiator
  • EKWB EK-CoolStream PE 360 Radiator
  • PETG hard tubing
  • PC-O11 XL Single D5 Reservoir Distribution Plate
  • EVGA RTX 3080 ti ftw3 ultra Hybrid
  • 34" Alienware curved 4k monitor 120hz AW3418DW
  • 34" Samsung Odyssey G5 curved 4k monitor 165hz
  • Gaming desk with rgb led lights built in that connect to the pc
  • Desk mount for 2 monitors that let you move monitors anywhere and spin them into any position and also has built in usb and audio slots.
  • Rgb lighting through out pc including the distro plate and the front of the pc
  • 64GB of G-skill Trident Z Royal 4000mhz
a few more items as well.....

240649850_2755842861380539_3765381338641022733_n.jpg

But this is what i want...

aZcZN.jpg

https://www.newegg.com/p/3EA-002G-00003

is it worth it?

Solution
i came across a custom pc case which is a desk with a glass top that has all the pc parts inside of it...
is it worth it?
it's a nice idea but in my opinion that thing is UGLY.
big odd shaped plastic chunks all over with uneven angles,
goofy shaped LED lights all around...
i would actually enjoy something like this if it was a cleaner design with no plastic and a keyboard tray built-in.

is it worth it?
i'd probably pay ~$1000 for a nicer looking / nice designed one.
$1800? it would have to be VERY special.

this year i replaced my 10 year old chipped and scratched up L-shaped for a new one with more room for my chair...

kwikvinny

Reputable
Nov 13, 2017
For me? Absolutely not. YMMV.

PCs are not a "lifetime" thing.
i dont mean actual lifetime but i can obviously keep upgrading all the internal parts as new stuff comes out. It supports every type of motherboard and has plenty of room for every type of component that i want so i can change things around and the flat layout design i think is nice because its easy to get to every part and every wire unlike a normal pc case layout is where you need to squeeze your hands in there and use finger tips to grab things and do your work with. Its definately a nice flat layout that shows off every part in your pc and i like the one that can fog the glass at the push of a button so it blocks everything and looks like a normal desk if you want.

i came across a custom pc case which is a desk with a glass top that has all the pc parts inside of it...
is it worth it?
it's a nice idea but in my opinion that thing is UGLY.
big odd shaped plastic chunks all over with uneven angles,
goofy shaped LED lights all around...
i would actually enjoy something like this if it was a cleaner design with no plastic and a keyboard tray built-in.

is it worth it?
i'd probably pay ~$1000 for a nicer looking / nice designed one.
$1800? it would have to be VERY special.

this year i replaced my 10 year old chipped and scratched up L-shaped for a new one with more room for my chair:
Bestar-Norma-L-Shaped-Desk-cd429eff-448e-46a6-be4b-67445b4d8360_1000.jpg

Solution