[SOLVED] INACCESIBLE_BOOT_DRIVE error after updating bios.

Snip3o

Reputable
Jan 2, 2017
So I decided to update my BIOS to the newest version, because why not. But after updating the BIOS to the newest version, the classic 'Your PC ran into a problem shows' with the stop code 'INACCESIBLE_BOOT_DRIVE'. I've tried enabling UEFI mode for Windows 10 WHQL Support, making sure AHCI is enabled instead of RAID, messing around with the boot order to make sure my SSD is priority and HHD last (and have even tried disabling HDD as a boot device) but to no avail . I have a MSI Z370 Tomahawk with the 'MSI Click BIOS 5'.

Any help would be much appreciated as I'm kind of sh***ing my pants right now

Solution
Weird, seems it is now fixed by booting into safe mode and fully shutting down by entering 'shutdown /s /f /t 0' in CMD with admin. How did I get to Safe Mode? Well after about 1 or two restart loops with the Windows error with the stop code, it would go to the startups settings menu, where I could enter into safe mode. Weird as fixes go, but it seemed to work.

Snip3o

Reputable
Jan 2, 2017
Weird, seems it is now fixed by booting into safe mode and fully shutting down by entering 'shutdown /s /f /t 0' in CMD with admin. How did I get to Safe Mode? Well after about 1 or two restart loops with the Windows error with the stop code, it would go to the startups settings menu, where I could enter into safe mode. Weird as fixes go, but it seemed to work.

Last edited:
Solution