Question Incompatibility between GPU and MOBO

Elfeiker12

Prominent
May 21, 2019
Hi i wanted to ask about a weird problem that im having with the am3+ socket. The thing is i have an M5a78l-m plus paired with a fx4100 and a gtx 750 but when i try to boot it doesnt let go past splash screen. Ive tried using using and rx 580 instead of the gtx 750 and works perfectly i and also ive put the gtx 750 i another system with an athlon and works well. What you guys think it could be? And lastly i apologize for my english and thank you.

That's sounds very strange/odd. If the RX 580 works on your system, then the GTX 750 should also boot your PC, unless there is some serious compatibility issue with the Motherboard's BIOS. But I doubt this might be culprit.

Try to reset all the BIOS settings to default, and clear the CMOS settings, if need be. This card isn't faulty either, since you have already tested it on some other PC. Have you previously used this same GPU, the GTX 750 on this same motherboard/system ?

Elfeiker12

Prominent
May 21, 2019
Hi thank you for awnsering ive just tried updating the bios and reseting the cmos and nothing. Nope the first time ive paires them only appeared the splash screen now it only shows a black screen.