Inconsistent connection on a single device

zsombor6

Commendable
Feb 13, 2017
Hi everyone!

I have an Asus Rog GL502VS laptop with an Intel AC 8260 wireless module under the hood, and my home Wifi router unit is a TP-Link Archer C7 V4 Dual-Band Wifi router.

I have this pretty consistent problem for a year now, that in random times the connection speed on my laptop completely nullifies or drops to an unbearable speed. Even SpeedTest by Ookla displays an error message while checking the download speed. To clarify, the connection remains up, but the bandwidth is useless.

The strange thing is that any other device in the household has a stable connection with normal speeds. Even my Business laptop, which has the same Wifi module, has a normal networking speed.

Further notices: the connection of my ROG laptop through cable is stable with a maxed bandwidth. My laptop has no problems with other Wifi networks. Wifi driver is up to date with intel's driver manager (don't remember the name)

I am not sure whether the problem is on my wifi routre unit's side or my laptop's, and I really need help to solve my problem and get a stable connection with maxed wireless speed on my laptop, just as I have on any other devices.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Found a solution, but needs further testing.

Seems like the problem was on the Wifi Router side. There is a NAT Acceleration option, which in my firmware was called NAT Boost. I disabled it, and for now for in past 1 hour I got stable connection with maxed bandwidth.

zsombor6

Commendable
Feb 13, 2017
Found a solution, but needs further testing.

Seems like the problem was on the Wifi Router side. There is a NAT Acceleration option, which in my firmware was called NAT Boost. I disabled it, and for now for in past 1 hour I got stable connection with maxed bandwidth.

Solution