[SOLVED] Inconsistent ping

luvrivera

Reputable
Dec 4, 2018

I'm using a cable/weird connection, tried every method I could find on the internet but the results is about the same
sometimes there are packet losses, sometimes (especially in the morning) the ping is fine and consistent
Upload and download speeds are fine (slow af but consistent)
**My ISP is useless as hell, all they can do is reboot my router and then tell me "if you're getting the full speed, you're fine, we do not offer support for ping issues"

Solution
You can not detect that in a game, games have methods to allow much more jitter than that.

Still even if you have spikes to 200ms there is absolutely nothing you can do to fix it.

If you are overloading your internet connection that you can fix. Anything else is some bottleneck in the path. Your contract with your ISP barely even has a commitment to "UP TO" some data rate. There is no commitment on any form of minimum latency or jitter. Now for a large price you can actually get contracts that guarantee this but these connections are not really internet .

kanewolf

Titan

I'm using a cable/weird connection, tried every method I could find on the internet but the results is about the same
sometimes there are packet losses, sometimes (especially in the morning) the ping is fine and consistent
Upload and download speeds are fine (slow af but consistent)
**My ISP is useless as hell, all they can do is reboot my router and then tell me "if you're getting the full speed, you're fine, we do not offer support for ping issues"
Your post does not show inconsistent ping, IMO.

You can not detect that in a game, games have methods to allow much more jitter than that.

Still even if you have spikes to 200ms there is absolutely nothing you can do to fix it.

If you are overloading your internet connection that you can fix. Anything else is some bottleneck in the path. Your contract with your ISP barely even has a commitment to "UP TO" some data rate. There is no commitment on any form of minimum latency or jitter. Now for a large price you can actually get contracts that guarantee this but these connections are not really internet .

Solution