Question Increase in asus 2080 GPU temps after BIOS reset

s1cko7

Commendable
Mar 1, 2018
I moved my build from one case to a newer case with the same amount of fans and had to reset my BIOS since it wasn't POSTing.

Anyways I noticed the increase in GPU temperature when I was playing RDR2 where the GPU temps were reaching over 85C when before it was reaching about 70C. It stays at 65C when I start playing and just gradually increases to 85C. Even when I decrease my graphics for the game, the GPU temperature still stays very high compared to what I used to be getting at max graphics quality.

My mobo is Crosshair VII Hero wifi and GPU is ASUS strix 2080. I have 5 fans in the case and am running a 1080p monitor.

Thanks for any help because I don't want to shorten the lifespan of my GPU by running it at max temps.

I moved my build from one case to a newer case with the same amount of fans and had to reset my BIOS since it wasn't POSTing.

Anyways I noticed the increase in GPU temperature when I was playing RDR2 where the GPU temps were reaching over 85C when before it was reaching about 70C. It stays at 65C when I start playing and just gradually increases to 85C. Even when I decrease my graphics for the game, the GPU temperature still stays very high compared to what I used to be getting at max graphics quality.

My mobo is Crosshair VII Hero wifi and GPU is ASUS strix 2080. I have 5 fans in the case and am running a 1080p monitor.

Thanks for any help because I don't want to shorten the lifespan of my GPU by running it at max temps.
Maybe you had you fans on a custom fan curve/had them running at a higher rpm so when you reset your bios it reset that? also try a custom fan curve to see if it helps
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eIITS_H0oA

and maybe updating your drivers.

s1cko7

Commendable
Mar 1, 2018
My drivers are up to date and my fans are always running at full speed. The idle temperature is the same but when under load temperature increase 10C than they used to.