[SOLVED] Incredibly weird input lag

Aug 2, 2021
Two months ago my ASUS FX506LU laptop keyboard input started lagging in one application, about a month after i first used it.
Now, a week ago, a different kind of input lag started happening in a different application about a month after i started using it.
The input lag isn't your usual one:
-KeyPRESS events are on time
-KeyRELEASE events randomly lag up to 1 second
-the lag goes away if a second key is held down while the first is being pressed.

As for diagnosing it,
-windows defender ran a full scan and came back empty,
-the drivers are all updated,
-windows is updated,
-the BIOS is the newest,
-the lag occurs in only one application,
-the application has been reinstalled and integrity checked with user settings deleted,
-the system specs should be far above what is needed for the application,
-the lagging occurs even with practically all background processes disabled,
-i haven't got any auto key pressers running at the time,
-mouse and on-screen-keyboard actions don't lag,
-the lag occurs for all keys,
-the lag occurs only on this machine not a different one of the same model bought at the same time.

Last edited:
Solution
So apparently the solution was disabling all services including the steam service, which prompted a reinstallation of that service.
After this the issue was gone.
So it might have been some corrupted service thing from steam that caused this.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your laptop? An SKU will help us two fold. If you're able to get into the OS, check and see what version you're on Right click Start>System, it should be at the bottom(windows specifications). As for your laptop's BIOS, use CPU-Z o see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing.

Aug 2, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!
Hi! :D
Make and model of your laptop?
ASUS FX506LU
An SKU will help us two fold.
A wut?
If you're able to get into the OS, check and see what version you're on Right click Start>System, it should be at the bottom(windows specifications).
Version 20H2
Build 19042.1110
As for your laptop's BIOS, use CPU-Z o see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing.
As a part of troubleshooting i also updated the bios two days ago, so i'm on AS309, the newest version.

Aug 2, 2021
So apparently the solution was disabling all services including the steam service, which prompted a reinstallation of that service.
After this the issue was gone.
So it might have been some corrupted service thing from steam that caused this.

Solution