[SOLVED] Infected with multiplekeyclicker.exe

TotallyWafflez

Reputable
Mar 8, 2019
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file...b2354ff67594bbb72691caca72adc7e5437/detection

anyone have any idea of what this does other than it being spyware and how to get rid of it other than reinstalling windows? getting rid of the obvious virus program was trivial but it seems to create other files when ran. It wasn’t detected by windows defender, malwarebytes and kaspersky (the last 2 were only used after I got rid of the obvious program). thanks in advance

Solution
Exfiltrate the actual files you need to keep/can't afford to lose, and save them /back them up/move them elsewhere externally. Scan that drive on an uncompromised rig for anything suspicious.

Flatten the existing installation, delete all partitions, start over. Full fresh install. You really do not want to risk anything tagging along, and besides, installing WIndows from a USB flash drive installer to an SSD takes about 4 - 5 minutes these days... (yes, reinstalling your drivers, Windows updates, and applications takes another hour, but, it will be preferable to fighting finding this thing for 6 hours, then 99% likely ending up having to do it anyway.)
Exfiltrate the actual files you need to keep/can't afford to lose, and save them /back them up/move them elsewhere externally. Scan that drive on an uncompromised rig for anything suspicious.

Flatten the existing installation, delete all partitions, start over. Full fresh install. You really do not want to risk anything tagging along, and besides, installing WIndows from a USB flash drive installer to an SSD takes about 4 - 5 minutes these days... (yes, reinstalling your drivers, Windows updates, and applications takes another hour, but, it will be preferable to fighting finding this thing for 6 hours, then 99% likely ending up having to do it anyway.)

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
also am I good to use the windows reset pc function to reinstall
No.
Full wipe and reinstall.

TotallyWafflez

Reputable
Mar 8, 2019
figured that out but a bit of a problem, my mobo has been malfunctioning for quite a while now which causes the bios screen to freeze and oftentimes my computer not to boot on the first try. I think the bios chip might be overheating since the fan goes abnormally loud when I boot up, but one of the screws are stripped so I cant even clean out the dust

I remember I spend all night getting rid of spyware and malware. I used every antivirus. but what worked is Malwarebytes anti. it saved all my data.
you must not open the file or links you are not sure about
do not transfer data through flash drive usb