Infinite Boot in Windows with Broken Screen

AriaBella

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016
Can someone guide me through the Acer F12 Boot Menu? According to the sticker on my laptop, my computer is an Acer Aspire E15 (E5-551-T374) running Windows 10.

After a friend used it and improperly shut off the laptop, it entered an infinite bootloop. This could be a simple fix, but the screen is broken and unusable (I have been using it by connecting an HDMI cable to my TV).

Unfortunately, nothing appears on screen via the cable before the computer boots like this. With it in a bootloop I only get an Acer screen with spinning circle of dots every few minutes.

I have a live USB with Linux Mint that I was hoping to use to bring the laptop back to being usable. Unfortunately, the F12 boot menu does not appear on the tv screen. Using a guide I think I was able to activate the F12 boot screen (by pressing f2 just after turning it on and blindly pressing the buttons they indicated, which resulted in the computer restarting after the button that should).

Can anyone walk me through the F12 screen blindly so I can get this USB to boot? Or do you have further advice? (I don't need to hear that my screen needs fixing, I'm broke).